By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Kept up with Combined PS3/360 Sales for 3 Years!

Well duh.... it's obvious if you've seen sonys gens before the PS3. Sony has the potential to outsell the competition by more than double.

Around the Network

! Had no idea.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Dallinor said:
Sony have hit their stride this gen, after limping and stumbling for quite a few years.

You mean from 2006-2008, and that's it? :P

ZhugeEX said:
estebxx said:

Seriously impressive

Hey Zhuge how much do you think the PS4 will sell (total) in its life time? you seem to know your stuff when it comes to sales and data so i was wondering whats your take on this.

I think it'll reach the 100m mark through the initiatives that we know of. 

Price drops, push into new / growing markets, new game software, online growth, playlink etc...

To give a final LTD number for PS4 is a lot harder because it depends a lot on when 'next gen' starts and also how Sony handle the transition. 

Besides, what's more important is how engaged users are on PS4 both in regards to time and spend. PS4 is already the market leader when it comes to hardware. Now it's time to see how software and network sales continue to grow. 

Very good post. If Sony decides to kill the PS4 after the PS5 like they did with the PS3, then 100M will be harder to reach but it will still reach it. If not, I think we're looking at 110M.

Do we have an estimated shipment number for the PS3?

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
ZhugeEX said:

I think it'll reach the 100m mark through the initiatives that we know of. 

Price drops, push into new / growing markets, new game software, online growth, playlink etc...

To give a final LTD number for PS4 is a lot harder because it depends a lot on when 'next gen' starts and also how Sony handle the transition. 

Besides, what's more important is how engaged users are on PS4 both in regards to time and spend. PS4 is already the market leader when it comes to hardware. Now it's time to see how software and network sales continue to grow. 

Very good post. If Sony decides to kill the PS4 after the PS5 like they did with the PS3, then 100M will be harder to reach but it will still reach it. If not, I think we're looking at 110M.

Did they kill the ps3 after  ps4 launched? 

Didn't  sony still release a couple  of games that people  really  complaint  about  it should  be on ps4?

Nintendo  en Microsoft  killed  there systems heck Nintendo  killed  the wiiu sooner then sony  killed vita.

I hate it when people  don't  know there  shit.

Ow i predicted  years ago ps4 will sell about  110-130 mill when everything  is said and done and damn i remember  noo one believed me because  " consoles  are dying " 

And " do you really  think  you know better  then analysts  that get paid a lot and have market information "

Heck  pretty  much all of my predictions i made starting  this gen was met with  criticism  and yet all of them came true :)  

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

xl-klaudkil said:
Lawlight said:

Did they kill the ps3 after  ps4 launched? 

Didn't  sony still release a couple  of games that people  really  complaint  about  it should  be on ps4?

Nintendo  en Microsoft  killed  there systems heck Nintendo  killed  the wiiu sooner then sony  killed vita.

I hate it when people  don't  know there  shit.

Ow i predicted  years ago ps4 will sell about  110-130 mill when everything  is said and done and damn i remember  noo one believed me because  " consoles  are dying "

Yep. You're right.... and You're right about those projected numbers. I'm expecting 110 like lawlight.  A healthy Sony and an innovative nintnedo expand the gaming market. 'Microsoft has done little for the industry except for fight over halving sonys previous market share. They don't really add to it at all.

method114 said:
Crazy how good the PS4 is doing in general. Not just with sells but with games as well. Literally everyone stopped with the no games nonsense. It's all been made mute at this point. There's still way more games to come on top of that.

PS4 and switch were hit with the 'no games' from trolls until Nintendo/Sony gave a huge fuck-you to everyone who doubted them

Now the PS4 is well on its way to 100m+ while the Switch is already doing great. The no games complaint has always been an excuse

monocle_layton said:
method114 said:
Crazy how good the PS4 is doing in general. Not just with sells but with games as well. Literally everyone stopped with the no games nonsense. It's all been made mute at this point. There's still way more games to come on top of that.

PS4 and switch were hit with the 'no games' from trolls until Nintendo/Sony gave a huge fuck-you to everyone who doubted them

Now the PS4 is well on its way to 100m+ while the Switch is already doing great. The no games complaint has always been an excuse

Yeah, both brands are very strong in first party. Saying Sony or Nintendo has no games can only last so long before people start to look stupid.

monocle_layton said:
method114 said:

Yeah, both brands are very strong in first party. Saying Sony or Nintendo has no games can only last so long before people start to look stupid.