By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best new IP this generation?

?

Bloodborne 220 16.58%

Nioh 23 1.73%

Until Dawn 20 1.51%

Splatoon 407 30.67%

Horizon Zero Dawn 476 35.87%

The Wonderful 101 24 1.81%

Arms 23 1.73%

Watch Dogs 10 0.75%

Sunset Overdrive 35 2.64%

Other 89 6.71%

Total:1,327

Wait a second. There is not a single Microsoft's first party IP on the list. Is this true? Meaning Sea of Thieves will be the first after almost 4 years?

By the way, Insomniac should re-release Sunset Overdrive for the Switch at least.

Regarding the OP, Horizon Zero Dawn is objectively the best new IP of this gen so far.

Around the Network

It's between Ori, Sunset Overdrive, and Titanfall for me.

The_BlackHeart__ said:

Wait a second. There is not a single Microsoft's first party IP on the list. Is this true? Meaning Sea of Thieves will be the first after almost 4 years?

By the way, Insomniac should re-release Sunset Overdrive for the Switch at least.

Regarding the OP, Horizon Zero Dawn is objectively the best new IP of this gen so far.

Microsoft had first party games this gen, this is.talking about new IP tho.

TargaryenVers2 said:
Personally for me I think it's Splatoon, but I think objectively it's Horizon

The_BlackHeart__ said:

Just curious by what metrics it is objectively the best? Sales, critical receptions, forum users imaginations?

New IP in general or in terms of innovation? Cause if innovation most of these games on that list should be replaced.

Around the Network

Ori.

tinfamous12 said:
The_BlackHeart__ said:

Microsoft had first party games this gen, this is.talking about new IP tho.

Yes they have had first party this gen. Problem is they keep commissioning devs instead of growing respected studios to make compelling games.

Overwatch

I personally really like Splatoon, so that is my pick :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Blooddborne doesn't really count as a new IP, so my vote has got to be Horizon. I feel Destiny deserves a mention also.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'