By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best new IP this generation?

?

Bloodborne 220 16.58%

Nioh 23 1.73%

Until Dawn 20 1.51%

Splatoon 407 30.67%

Horizon Zero Dawn 476 35.87%

The Wonderful 101 24 1.81%

Arms 23 1.73%

Watch Dogs 10 0.75%

Sunset Overdrive 35 2.64%

Other 89 6.71%

Total:1,327
Ka-pi96 said:
green_sky said:

Just curious by what metrics it is objectively the best? Sales, critical receptions, forum users imaginations?

Doesn't Overwatch beat it in the first 2 metrics? And the 3rd.... well that obviously isn't objective, does seem to be the one that's being used though

I didn't even notice OW wasn't in the poll. Does it not count for some reason?

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

Doesn't Overwatch beat it in the first 2 metrics? And the 3rd.... well that obviously isn't objective, does seem to be the one that's being used though

Yes. The use of word objective is puzzling. Subjectively, anything could be voted for sure. 

BraLoD said:
Insidb said:
No Nier?

Nier is a seventh gen game.

Oh, jeebas.

Horizon Zero Dawn... SO FAR AWAY!

In Sony We Trust!

Quantum Break

Around the Network

Titanfall. It debuted next gen, a neutered version appeared later on last gen, and now it's next gen exclusivo.

Splatoon. A new coat of ink for an old formula.

Splatoon vote over here.
Bloodborne comes in at a close second, but it's so similar to the souls mold that it might as well be a souls game, so it lacks the freshness that Splatoon brought.

I think for a lot of people it's probably Overwatch, so I'm surprsed to see it missing from the poll.

Splatoon has sold to date, 1.8 million more copies than Zero Dawn on a console that sold 44.4 million less units... and is losing? Gotta love you Vgchartz. Keep on keepin' on.

AlfredoTurkey said:

Splatoon has sold to date, 1.8 million more copies than Zero Dawn on a console that sold 44.4 million less units... and is losing? Gotta love you Vgchartz. Keep on keepin' on.

Most people just bought Splatoon cause there's not much to buy on Wii U, it makes sense that they didn't necessarily even like it let alone think it's the best new IP. Horizon is on a console that has great games dropping in left and right, so to get a sale on PS4 it has to have much greater interest.