By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Spider-Man PS4 Pro frame rate and resolution details

Wait.... there were some expecting an open world game to run at 60fps?

Why?

Around the Network

hahaha gaystation can't handle 60fps HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

onionberry said:

God that white spider symbol is hideous.

The white spider symbol should only be on Venom. It was funny to watch the mixed reaction to it at E3. 

I think most people would of prefered a more traditional black symbol. 

Like everything else they could probably do 1080/60fps on PS4 Pro but the graphic would take a serious downgrade. 

I'm sure the developper is going to try to get the most out of the Ps4 pro. It's an exclusive title. 

60FPS would have been awesome but not everything can be 60FPS.

Game still looks amazing and I will probably be getting it day 1.

"Temporal injection" sound frickin' awesome...

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
vivster said:
"Not feasible" lol.

Article writer's words, not Insomniac's.

Here's what Insomniac said:

Also, Insomniac has long since said that they won't prioritize 60fps in their games any more because consumers and reviewers alike seem to care more about graphics.

Not an option is the same as not feasible. I mean it is clear that it's certainly possible but the amount of work and visual downgrades aren't worth it for them.

Sony said they went around and asked developers when designing the PS4. It looks like none of the developers wished for a CPU, or maybe Sony ignored it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Radek said:
Xen said:
Why not give options? Optimizing an experience? I'd much rather have 60FPS in most any game.

Because it's not as simple as lowering resolution and details.

It's an open world game, they are taxing on CPU. I will take 30 fps over 60 fps with smaller city and inferior AI and such.

On PC though I will always aim for 60 fps, because I bought CPU that is powerful enough to deliver that.

You might be right. I didn't think about that at all.

Ratchet and Clank's performance was superb and felt incredibly smooth despite being 30fps only so if it's the same(and based on the footage shown, it is) then all is good.

vivster said:
Teeqoz said:

Article writer's words, not Insomniac's.

Here's what Insomniac said:

Also, Insomniac has long since said that they won't prioritize 60fps in their games any more because consumers and reviewers alike seem to care more about graphics.

Not an option is the same as not feasible. I mean it is clear that it's certainly possible but the amount of work and visual downgrades aren't worth it for them.

Sony said they went around and asked developers when designing the PS4. It looks like none of the developers wished for a CPU, or maybe Sony ignored it.

I think by not an option he means there isn't ans won't be a 1080/60 option on the PS4Pro, since that was what the person they were replying to asked for. But you could also ignore the context an say that it means the same.

And like I said, Insomniac said long ago that they are ditching 60 fps in favour of better graphics, because most consumers prefer graphics over 60 fps.

http://kotaku.com/5393106/insomniac-dev-ratchet--clank-probably-our-last-60fps-game

https://www.engadget.com/2009/10/30/dev-a-crack-in-time-will-probably-be-insomniac-s-last-60fps-ga/

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/insomniac-ditching-60-fps-for-better-visuals-27087503/

And that was in 2009.

Yeah, I had a reeeeeally hard time believing the PS4 Pro could pull off what it looked like they were claiming it would during the E3 presentation. That's not to say that it's a weak console, but rather than a game of that style would require some top tier hardware to run at native 4k and with decent frame rates.

Gotta say my interest in this one has certainly dropped though. I thought this might be the console world's "Crysis" experience in regards to visuals... Still, hopefully it'll be fun; I'm just anxious for a truly beautiful 4k game to finally make its way to consoles so I can get some proper use out of my TV lol