By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR- New Monster Hunter from XX Team in Development For Nintendo Switch

I still find it weird they're not localizing the Switch MH game to the west. Wouldn't they want to do that if they want to sell the series to the west...? Well, a figure a MH game on the Switch worldwide would be good as well.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Looks more like speculation rather than a leak.

potato_hamster said:
SegataSanshiro said:

DmC. Prince of Persia 2008. Final Fantasy XV. Lost Planet 3. Dragon Age Inqusition.  MGS4. Assassin's Creed III and beyond. List goes on.

Some of these games I haven't played, but FF XV is in no way "dumbed down". It's just more action based vs turn based. As for MGS4, I'm just puzzled, as that's easily the most complex of all of the MGS games in more ways than I care to name. I don't think it's possible for Kojima to dumb down anything. He's one of the most ambitious video game creators in history, and got fired because he refused to compromise his vision on MGSV.  ACIII again  not sure how that one is more "dumbed down" than the rest when it's pretty much following the same gameplay formula in a differen

It seems to me that your definition of "dumbed down" is  any time an entry in a  series isn't a 95% direct copy of what the previous game was in terms of game mechanics. And if that is the case, considering you haven't seen any actual gameplay of MHW, how can you possibly know if it's "dumbed down".
I legitmately have to wonder if this is a serious response or if you're just trying to get a rise out of people.

FFXV is way dumbed down esp for a ARPG. Kojima aint perfect. MGS4 is a dark horse in the the mainline series. You were given Octo Camo. That alone eliminated a lot of challenge. Other elements removed. ACIII dumbed down the combat and climbing to be overly simple and made it worse. Go play ACII and you get to actually play the game and actually commit to your decisions in combat and climbing. By over simplifiing it in ACIII and further added more problems and worse games because of it.

JRPGfan said:
Why not just give them world? but lower resolution to get it to run the switch?

World does not look that crazy graphically- it probably could run on the Switch as is. Bear in mind that the Switch is considerably more powerful than PS3/Xbox 360. The bits we've seen of Monster Hunter World so far doesn't really look that much better (if at all?) than some games from last generation 

Okay, I still want Monster Hunter XX localized. I don't want to wait two (or more) years for a portable Monster Hunter when I can get one soon with the localization of XX. Plus I want to transfer my Generations save file for G-Rank, so don't tell me to "import the Japanese version." 

Around the Network
SegataSanshiro said:
hopefully comes west and is a traditional MH title not the dumbed down World like game.

I don't know what you're on about. World looks amazing.

Capcom is a strange company. They are releasing Monster Hunter games left and right already, if this is true it will just lead to franchise fatigue in the not so distant future. They probably did strike a deal with Sony and then saw the Switch selling really well, so they went ahead with Switch development so they wouldn't pass over that market.

Louie said:
Capcom is a strange company. They are releasing Monster Hunter games left and right already, if this is true it will just lead to franchise fatigue in the not so distant future. They probably did strike a deal with Sony and then saw the Switch selling really well, so they went ahead with Switch development so they wouldn't pass over that market.

I concur. Happened with Guitar Hero, Assassin's Creed, heck even 2D Mario. I think Capcom might have just ruined their last hope of a franchise, essentially what has kept them afloat for the past years.

Japanese developers are so keen on catching the Western market, they eventually get to lose the Japanese one, further cementing its own demise. See Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Castlevania, RE, etc.

Ljink96 said:
JRPGfan said:
Why not just give them world? but lower resolution to get it to run the switch?

World seems westernized...which most Japanese gamers don't like. There's a vocal minority that probably love World but this game was made to grab the attention of the western audience. I'm sure with how successful Switch has been and will be once games like Pokemon and Animal Crossing arrive, Capcom wants in on that future install base that's almost guaranteed to be over 10 million in Japan alone.

In what way is it westernized though? From all I've seen it looks exactly like any other MH game.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

SegataSanshiro said:
potato_hamster said:

Some of these games I haven't played, but FF XV is in no way "dumbed down". It's just more action based vs turn based. As for MGS4, I'm just puzzled, as that's easily the most complex of all of the MGS games in more ways than I care to name. I don't think it's possible for Kojima to dumb down anything. He's one of the most ambitious video game creators in history, and got fired because he refused to compromise his vision on MGSV.  ACIII again  not sure how that one is more "dumbed down" than the rest when it's pretty much following the same gameplay formula in a differen

It seems to me that your definition of "dumbed down" is  any time an entry in a  series isn't a 95% direct copy of what the previous game was in terms of game mechanics. And if that is the case, considering you haven't seen any actual gameplay of MHW, how can you possibly know if it's "dumbed down".
I legitmately have to wonder if this is a serious response or if you're just trying to get a rise out of people.

FFXV is way dumbed down esp for a ARPG. Kojima aint perfect. MGS4 is a dark horse in the the mainline series. You were given Octo Camo. That alone eliminated a lot of challenge. Other elements removed. ACIII dumbed down the combat and climbing to be overly simple and made it worse. Go play ACII and you get to actually play the game and actually commit to your decisions in combat and climbing. By over simplifiing it in ACIII and further added more problems and worse games because of it.

You could have just admitted you're just trying to get a rise out of people instead of doubling down and making it more obvious.