By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR- New Monster Hunter from XX Team in Development For Nintendo Switch

Green098 said:

The only thing is, I don't understand the point. Why make 2 separate Monster Hunter games to come exclusively on different platforms, when you could make 2 Monster Hunter games to come out on all platforms?

It's a better move for both consumers and Capcom.

Well if this guy original rumors are to be believed (which have eemed to come true to a degree) is that Sony paid capcom to ensure that world would not release on a Nintedo home console so that Sony could dominate Japan. However since the switch is a hybrid, they sepculate that ony did not factor tha tinto their contract and will probably make a MH with the word portable in it lol.

Gotta love these rumor keeps the hobby interesting.

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
SegataSanshiro said:

World looks like a dumbed down version of MH.  Esp with detective vision. C'mon.  Japan esp Capcom has a history of trying to make thier Japanese series simplified for the west. Rarely goes well.

Since when are mainline games "dumbed down"? Monster Hunter World is literally Monster Hunter 5 renamed.

DmC. Prince of Persia 2008. Final Fantasy XV. Lost Planet 3. Dragon Age Inqusition.  MGS4. Assassin's Creed III and beyond. List goes on.

PAOerfulone said:
Capcom... I just don't get you.

They go whereever they smell that trail of money from the big 3!

PAOerfulone said:
Capcom... I just don't get you.

I think it's a combination of Sony offering them a truckload of money and an almost desperate desire on their part to be a big player in the western market.  Their core audience makes them their money but I think what they've really wanted for a while is the western audience that buys COD, Assassin's Creed, GTA and so on at the tune of 10m+ per series entry.

Capcom is going to look kind of sad if MHW (on multiple platforms) sells less then this hypothetical Switch MH game that's going to be made by their B-Team.

SegataSanshiro said:
potato_hamster said:

Since when are mainline games "dumbed down"? Monster Hunter World is literally Monster Hunter 5 renamed.

DmC. Prince of Persia 2008. Final Fantasy XV. Lost Planet 3. Dragon Age Inqusition.  MGS4. Assassin's Creed III and beyond. List goes on.

Some of these games I haven't played, but FF XV is in no way "dumbed down". It's just more action based vs turn based. As for MGS4, I'm just puzzled, as that's easily the most complex of all of the MGS games in more ways than I care to name. I don't think it's possible for Kojima to dumb down anything. He's one of the most ambitious video game creators in history, and got fired because he refused to compromise his vision on MGSV.  ACIII again  not sure how that one is more "dumbed down" than the rest when it's pretty much following the same gameplay formula in a differen

It seems to me that your definition of "dumbed down" is  any time an entry in a  series isn't a 95% direct copy of what the previous game was in terms of game mechanics. And if that is the case, considering you haven't seen any actual gameplay of MHW, how can you possibly know if it's "dumbed down".
I legitmately have to wonder if this is a serious response or if you're just trying to get a rise out of people.

Around the Network

I wonder if the 3DS will get another MH game?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
I wonder if the 3DS will get another MH game?

I would not be surprised at all if this rumored portable MH game is 3DS/Switch and uses MHXX assets.

Capcom sure is bad at business, but they make for a rollercoaster of fun to follow.

Can we play these games before they make more? Come on, calm down Capcom

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

potato_hamster said:
SegataSanshiro said:

World looks like a dumbed down version of MH.  Esp with detective vision. C'mon.  Japan esp Capcom has a history of trying to make thier Japanese series simplified for the west. Rarely goes well.

Resident Evil 5 comes to mind as a game. They wanted to make their popular Resident Evil franchise into a huge western success, just like they are pushing for this Worlds to be a huge western success.

I hope for you MH fans that they didn't change the game too much to "westernize it" or dumb it down.