By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (After the) E3: These new games do not appear on switch. E3 Situation-analyze

The biggest problem for the switch is ...?

Focus on PlayStation 4 and/or xbox in future 16 7.37%

The switch-hardware, not strong enough 51 23.50%

The weak interest of other developers 34 15.67%

No trust in 3rd party support 28 12.90%

It changes-with stronger ... 4 1.84%

I think .. (other opinion) 11 5.07%

Many reasons from the list !! 26 11.98%

See results 47 21.66%

Total:217
Dr.Vita said:
Peh said:

How was the 3rd Party situation for the 3DS until now? 

The third party support from the west was bad on 3DS. It only had a good third party support from Japan.

Well, I suppose the Japan publishers will move on to the Switch like Level 5 / Atlus. For western, well, maybe the small ones. 

So, in conclusion it will be better than WII U. But not that great like PS4. 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

This generation is going to be so much fun. We'll constantly have threads asking "where are the Switch 3rd party games?" and "Why is the Switch selling without games?" because people aren't able to leave their bubble of western developer's marketing machine. It's the Wii generation all over again!

Dr.Vita said:
From that list there are so many great games that I definitely will buy!
For Switch the third-party situation seems the same as the Wii U situation, Nintendo again didn't learn from their mistakes and will have a horrible third-party support for the whole life of the Switch.

It is not even close and you know it. The Switch is getting lots of japanese games, indie games and some western games. The Wii U got... well, nothing really. The Switch just won't get the western AAA games and why does it need to? Western devs focus on specs and technology and their games are already available on PS4, Xbox and PC. As if people would actually buy a Switch for those games! They wouldn't sell any systems. 

Louie said:
Dr.Vita said:
From that list there are so many great games that I definitely will buy!
For Switch the third-party situation seems the same as the Wii U situation, Nintendo again didn't learn from their mistakes and will have a horrible third-party support for the whole life of the Switch.

It is not even close and you know it. The Switch is getting lots of japanese games, indie games and some western games. The Wii U got... well, nothing really. The Switch just won't get the western AAA games and why does it need to? Western devs focus on specs and technology and their games are already available on PS4, Xbox and PC. As if people would actually buy a Switch for those games! They wouldn't sell any systems. 

Yes it did, it had support to start with. Assassins creed 3+4, Blackops 2, Mass Effect 3, Arkham City + Origins, Watchdogs, NFS Most Wanted, Deus Ex, Splinter Cell, Resident Evil: Revelations, Injustice Gods Among Us, Darksiders 2, Madden, Fifa, nba 2k13.

WiiU got plenty of third party support at the beginning of it's life. For it's 1st year third-party on Switch actually looks worse then WiiU.

Reasons like power aren't 3rd parties main concerns when thinking about Nintendo consoles.
I think the main question to those developers is "who's going to buy those games"?

Why should a gamer choose a Nintendo console instead of a MS or Sony console?
Those consoles are going to be filled with a certain type of games - and gamer's are even garanteed the best version of said games - that they like.

I think that if Switch keeps selling well, we might see some 3rd parties try a bit more.
Also, if games like Fifa, NBA and Skyrim don't put out respectable numbers, we might just end up with the classic line "X is mainly for Nintendo fans", again.

Around the Network

This isn't anything new, Nintendo has problem with 3rd party from N64, but don't mean it can't be popular platform that will sell good.

Barkley said:
Louie said:

Yes it did, it had support to start with. Assassins creed 3+4, Blackops 2, Mass Effect 3, Arkham City + Origins, Watchdogs, NFS Most Wanted, Deus Ex, Splinter Cell, Resident Evil: Revelations, Injustice Gods Among Us, Darksiders 2, Madden, Fifa, nba 2k13.

WiiU got plenty of third party support at the beginning of it's life. For it's 1st year third-party on Switch actually looks worse then WiiU.

Yeah, you're right. It did get decent support at launch. But the support dropped off right after that. Wasn't there a 2-month window without any game release after Christmas and before Monster Hunter hit? Switch support is not going to get dropped anytime soon. 

And the first year third party support on Switch is definitely better than the Wii U's in my opinion (feel free to disagree, though!) Bomberman, Tetris, Minecraft, Skyrim, Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter and great Indie games. I can understand people on vgchartz focus on western AAA games like Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect but the Switch support is a lot more exciting in my opinion. I don't think you can really argue with that, the Switch is getting a steady stream of new 1st and 3rd party games. The Wii U never got that, it only got a bunch of launch games from third parties.

KazumaKiryu said:
Nogamez said:
The only people who seem to have a problem with Nintendo and third party games are Non nintendo gamers.

Thats a new rumor :P  I do not think so, because: Many Nintendo players also want other good games on their console. Why tell people (nintendo fanboys?) that other games are unimportant or they suddenly have interest in old games like Skyrim and Disgaea 5 ? Contradiction. You know it .. also on VGChartz one reads it. So you want only Nintendo games on your console, nothing else? I'm interested in a switch-upgrade with stronger hardware. Everyone has a different opinion and that should be accepted. If that really is your opinion, okay. Other good example is "Beyond Good and Evil 2" - interesting comments.. how important it is.

We're on a gaming forum. VGChartz users game more than the average Nintendo player, so of course we're more interested in 3rd party games.

There are two types of people who buy Nintendo consoles:
-People who only buy one or a few games in a year.
-People who also have another console.

So the majority doesn't care that much about 3rd party games. Just look at the million sellers on Wii U: only 3 of them are 3rd party (one of them is a spin-off of a Nintendo game and another one was a timed exclusive).

They simply don't care much about the games you listed. (Except for Monster Hunter. Fuck Capcom.)

Barkley said:

I think you're right. the wii u has resident evil & darksiders 2, but Darksiders 3, RE7 for switch? No.. Technology is getting better, graphics getting nicer.. a Watchdogs 3 or more Assasins Creed-Games will not appear on the switch (my prediction). Or does someone think differently?

The question is ... is it just the current situation or the future?

Flilix said:
KazumaKiryu said:

Thats a new rumor :P  I do not think so, because: Many Nintendo players also want other good games on their console. Why tell people (nintendo fanboys?) that other games are unimportant or they suddenly have interest in old games like Skyrim and Disgaea 5 ? Contradiction. You know it .. also on VGChartz one reads it. So you want only Nintendo games on your console, nothing else? I'm interested in a switch-upgrade with stronger hardware. Everyone has a different opinion and that should be accepted. If that really is your opinion, okay. Other good example is "Beyond Good and Evil 2" - interesting comments.. how important it is.

So the majority doesn't care that much about 3rd party games. Just look at the million sellers on Wii U: only 3 of them are 3rd party (one of them is a spin-off of a Nintendo game and another one was a timed exclusive).

They simply don't care much about the games you listed. (Except for Monster Hunter. Fuck Capcom.)

Thanks for the sales figures-information. really interesting. ok.. thats a good reason.

I find every game-genre important and a great selection of games. There are good games from the West and Japan. Thats why... I personally do not understand the people - who say - they do not want 3rd-party games. Would a Persona 5 or Ni No Kuni 2 be announced (hypothetically), the joy would be huge (for jrpg-and singleplayer fans on nintendo-console). Maybe some people also ignore good (3rd partie) games because they are not on the console.. ?

JRPGfan said:

Switch wont get many AAA 3rd party games, simply because of the hardware being too weak compaired to the others.

Its the same thing that happend with the Wii U.

However this time, nintendo has a unifed platform and will hopefully mean more games for the switch.

They just need to stop supporting 3DS and focus everything they have on the switch.

well they might if they could actually make more. with the NAND flash shortage via apple and other high tech companies, its hard to. the 3ds does not need it though so they can pump out as many as demand says.