By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom Not Bringing Switch Version Of Monster Hunter XX To The US

and all the botw skins? i thougth it was to apeal the western market

Around the Network
uran10 said:
b00moscone said:
Eeeehhhhh.....what are you doing, Capcom.

signing thier death wish :)

Eeeeehhhhhh....

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

SuperNova said:

Uhuuu..this lends futher credence to that leak. According to that Capcom is in full on panic mode because Switch is actually selling well, but they sold MH Worlds exclusivity/all platforms but Switch to Sony. Part of that deal is supposedly that Nintendo still recieves handheld MHs but doesn't help with localization anymore.

Is there any evidence that such a deal took place? I've honestly never heard of a semi-exclusivity deal that only forbids bringing the game to one specific platform, that would be pretty darn shady by both Capcom and Sony. 

Either way, I just don't understand Capcom's thinking; I'm not sure a platform has ever been more tailor-made and perfect for Monster Hunter than the Switch, and it would be a blockbuster success in Japan (and probably do very well in the West as Switch software sales have been very strong so far). Capcom and Nintendo had a partnership that was an enormous success, but instead of doing just the stupid thing in switching their exclusivity to another platform, now they specifically target their huge fanbase that developed on Nintendo platforms by excluding only them from future titles?

Whether or not there was a deal, Capcom can go fuck themselves. Seriously, I hope this blows up in their face.

RolStoppable said:
SuperNova said:

Uhuuu..this lends futher credence to that leak. According to that Capcom is in full on panic mode because Switch is actually selling well, but they sold MH Worlds exclusivity/all platforms but Switch to Sony. Part of that deal is supposedly that Nintendo still recieves handheld MHs but doesn't help with localization anymore.

I find it hilarious. Capcom sold out right before the best-suited platform for Monster Hunter arrived. Switch's hybrid nature perfectly serves Japan and the Western markets; only one game needs to be made to accommodate for the needs of all markets.

Is MH World a spinoff title or the next main entry?

If it's a spinoff, it means they still can bring the next mainline title to the Switch - we just need Nintendo to jump in and localize the game(s) to a western audience

jonathanalis said:
and all the botw skins? i thougth it was to apeal the western market

They don't deserve to have the masterpiece that is botw anywhere near Monster Hunter after this blasphemy.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
RolStoppable said:

I find it hilarious. Capcom sold out right before the best-suited platform for Monster Hunter arrived. Switch's hybrid nature perfectly serves Japan and the Western markets; only one game needs to be made to accommodate for the needs of all markets.

If it's a spinoff, it means they still can bring the next mainline title to the Switch - we just need Nintendo to jump in and localize the game(s) to a western audience

Meant to be mainline but with some untraditional gameplay mechanics aimed at the western audience I think

Bofferbrauer2 said:
RolStoppable said:

According to this interview ( https://mynintendonews.com/2017/06/14/capcom-says-monster-hunter-world-for-other-platforms-is-basically-monster-hunter-5/ ), it is pretty much MH5, however they preferred the word 'world', hence the name.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Johnw1104 said:
SuperNova said:

Is there any evidence that such a deal took place? I've honestly never heard of a semi-exclusivity deal that only forbids bringing the game to one specific platform, that would be pretty darn shady by both Capcom and Sony. 

Either way, I just don't understand Capcom's thinking; I'm not sure a platform has ever been more tailor-made and perfect for Monster Hunter than the Switch, and it would be a blockbuster success in Japan (and probably do very well in the West as Switch software sales have been very strong so far). Capcom and Nintendo had a partnership that was an enormous success, but instead of doing just the stupid thing in switching their exclusivity to another platform, now they specifically target their huge fanbase that developed on Nintendo platforms by excluding only them from future titles?

Whether or not there was a deal, Capcom can go fuck themselves. Seriously, I hope this blows up in their face.

Decide for yourself: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8458812

The leak seems to be pretty spot on with a lot of things, so I personally believe it's true. Apparently Nintendo was not brought in for negotioations, so if it's true Sony must have payed pretty penny.

MonHun wont develop into a blockbuster fanchise in west overnight and I think capcom severly underestimated the Switches potential success in the west compared to an already well established Sony. Sony meanwhile apparently saw the writing on the wall for the Switches success in Japan. It's already outpacing the Ps4 in the same timeframe and like you said, between splatoon 2, DQ11 and this it would have blown up into epic proportions, especially now that core pokemon is confirmed to be coming. MH worlds is essentially exclusive to sony in japan and MH will be exclusive to sony/xbox/pc in the west going forward, wich is the best sony could've wished for.

SuperNova said:
Johnw1104 said:

Decide for yourself: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8458812

The leak seems to be pretty spot on with a lot of things, so I personally believe it's true. Apparently Nintendo was not brought in for negotioations, so if it's true Sony must have payed pretty penny.

MonHun wont develop into a blockbuster fanchise in west overnight and I think capcom severly underestimated the Switches potential success in the west compared to an already well established Sony. Sony meanwhile apparently saw the writing on the wall for the Switches success in Japan. It's already outpacing the Ps4 in the same timeframe and like you said, between splatoon 2, DQ11 and this it would have blown up into epic proportions, especially now that core pokemon is confirmed to be coming. MH worlds is essentially exclusive to sony in japan and MH will be exclusive to sony/xbox/pc in the west going forward, wich is the best sony could've wished for.

That's such a dick move. It seems like Capcom would have learned their lesson after street fighter 5

Yeah, fuck Capcom. Seriously.