By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom Not Bringing Switch Version Of Monster Hunter XX To The US

Soundwave said:

Capcom's too dumb to realize these deals are going to ruin them too. Street Fighter V would've sold double if they could have had it on the XB1 + Switch. MH World is going to sell way less than MH4 by putting it on a console-only platform.

There are certainly times when a partnership with Sony makes sense for a developer, but IMO this isn't one of them.

RE7 has also majorly underperformed their expectations. 

I feel like Capcom has always been this way for many years. They, like Konami end up making stupid marketing/release decisions, where they choose to release on one platform, then ignores ther est while those other platforms grow in number, then Capcom does the complete opposite and ends up missing out on the other platform they chose to ignore. Their timing is so terrible it's funny. 

This gen they've been cutting deals with each one of the big 3, rather than making no deals and simply releasing for all 3, taking advantage of their user bases as well as PC, but they are too daft to realise this. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

I'm so done with Capcom..

b00moscone said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Is MH World a spinoff title or the next main entry?

If it's a spinoff, it means they still can bring the next mainline title to the Switch - we just need Nintendo to jump in and localize the game(s) to a western audience

According to this interview ( https://mynintendonews.com/2017/06/14/capcom-says-monster-hunter-world-for-other-platforms-is-basically-monster-hunter-5/ ), it is pretty much MH5, however they preferred the word 'world', hence the name.

So, they could still go "nah, this is going to be the REAL MH5, coming to Switch" if they play their cards right and give Sony & Microsoft a "World" series instead, though considering what capcom did, lately, that's not very likely

Kerotan said:
Well there it is. I can see a lot of Western MH fans buying a $199 PS4 this holiday.

I already have a PC, and plan to buy a PS4 Pro this holiday. Not going to get World (or any other monster hunter game) until they start localizing the portable titles again. 

Kerotan said:
Well there it is. I can see a lot of Western MH fans buying a $199 PS4 this holiday.

I have a ps4 and I'm avoiding world like the plague. They're screwing over not just Nintendo fans but people that have been playing monster hunter since the PSP. They can keep their westernized monster hunter

Around the Network

Not my pun but it's so good I have to say it.

Capcom Double Crossed Us

collint0101 said:
Fuck Capcom. First they screw over Xbox owners with Street fighter then they give the middle finger to Nintendo fans with monster hunter. I legitimately want to see their ps4 ventures under perform

Well Street Fighter V bombed hard, but Sony keeping this from being released on the Switch is a scumbag move at least they had the sense to not make it a full exclusive,

EspadaGrim said:
collint0101 said:
Fuck Capcom. First they screw over Xbox owners with Street fighter then they give the middle finger to Nintendo fans with monster hunter. I legitimately want to see their ps4 ventures under perform

Well Street Fighter V bombed hard, but Sony keeping this from being released on the Switch is a scumbag move at least they had the sense to not make it a full exclusive,

Yeah it's not full exclusive but it's on 2 platforms that barely have any audience for monster hunter. I can see mh world ending up like sf5 especially in Japan

A be with development, huh?

collint0101 said:
EspadaGrim said:

Yeah it's not full exclusive but it's on 2 platforms that barely have any audience for monster hunter. I can see mh world ending up like sf5 especially in Japan

I think that Lifetime sales will be 3 million on all platforms imo.