By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom Not Bringing Switch Version Of Monster Hunter XX To The US

Shikamo said:

Anyone else notice that apart from Resident Evil 6, all those titles have overall sold significantly worse than Monster Hunter 4U?

Want to know why that percentage will be a lot higher in the west? Because Japan sales will be significantly lower.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
With friends like that who needs enemies.

The fat that Switch/3DS are not getting Megaman Collection 2 is a blasphemy. Capcom is giving Nintendo the bad end of the stick, and I'm a little disappointed. Sony you're some sneaky mofos.

This is the part of the movie where you feel that your best friend is betraying you only to find that they were doing it on purpose for a greater cause...hopefully it's MH5.

Nicely done Capcom. You can go fuck themselves.

I remember the time when Nintendo and Capcom were best buddies. Those were good times.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
SuperNova said:

Uhuuu..this lends futher credence to that leak. According to that Capcom is in full on panic mode because Switch is actually selling well, but they sold MH Worlds exclusivity/all platforms but Switch to Sony. Part of that deal is supposedly that Nintendo still recieves handheld MHs but doesn't help with localization anymore.

I find it hilarious. Capcom sold out right before the best-suited platform for Monster Hunter arrived. Switch's hybrid nature perfectly serves Japan and the Western markets; only one game needs to be made to accommodate for the needs of all markets.

Yup. They must have realized shortly after they made that deal too, because supposedly they helped develop the Switch. They were the ones telling Nintendo to stick more RAM in it and precious little support we've seen for it.

MH worlds is going to do ok, it's a very pretty mainseries MonHun after all, but nothing close to what it would have done in japan if it was on Switch and probably slightly better than normal in the west. I don't see it breaking any records here, though.

Kuksenkov said:
Soundwave said:
With friends like that who needs enemies.

The fat that Switch/3DS are not getting Megaman Collection 2 is a blasphemy. Capcom is giving Nintendo the bad end of the stick, and I'm a little disappointed. Sony you're some sneaky mofos.

Capcom's too dumb to realize these deals are going to ruin them too. Street Fighter V would've sold double if they could have had it on the XB1 + Switch. MH World is going to sell way less than MH4 by putting it on a console-only platform.

There are certainly times when a partnership with Sony makes sense for a developer, but IMO this isn't one of them.

RE7 has also majorly underperformed their expectations. 

Well there it is. I can see a lot of Western MH fans buying a $199 PS4 this holiday.

Doesn't matter which console you own. The thing is, Capcom is really rubbing all kinds of gamers the wrong way with their shady deals. It shows they're in it for the money and only for the money, at the expense of their fanbase.

I don't think Capcom will last with that kind of policy. They are already in steep decline and heavy financial trouble.

I don't know how retarded you can be to run a company, and then I see crapcom ruining their biggest franchise... Again after Megaman, again after DMC and again after Street fighter.