By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid fans, stop complaining!

This thread is ridiculous. Save your bitching until you actually have some tangible information on the game, for cripe sake. Literally the only thing you have is "we're working on it". Cool your jets and wait until you have more information before freaking out, seriously.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

mZuzek said:
Jumpin said:

I thought Metroid 2 looked awesome. My issue is the platform. I don't want to have to deal with 3DS anymore.

But Metroid 2 was really the only Metroid game I ever got much into, I played the first one a lot, but never got into any of the later games, especially the FPS Metroids.

You must have truly awful taste, then. Those are far and away the worst Metroid games outside of anything released this decade.

Awful taste because I was a fan of the first two games? I would argue that at the time of their releases Metroid was the best console game available (challenged only by Super Mario Bros.), and Metroid 2 was the best handheld game available.

The same can certainly not be argued for any of the future Metroids.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
mZuzek said:

You must have truly awful taste, then. Those are far and away the worst Metroid games outside of anything released this decade.

Awful taste? I would argue that at the time of their releases Metroid was the best console game available (challenged only by Super Mario Bros.), and Metroid 2 was the best handheld game available.

The consistent placing of Super Metroid and Metroid Prime near the top of numerous Best Games of All Time lists would beg to differ.

MTZehvor said:
Jumpin said:

Awful taste? I would argue that at the time of their releases Metroid was the best console game available (challenged only by Super Mario Bros.), and Metroid 2 was the best handheld game available.

The consistent placing of Super Metroid and Metroid Prime near the top of numerous Best Games of All Time lists would beg to differ.

And on numerous other lists they don't make the top 100. Your point?

Continue begging and differing though, it's funny.

Around the Network

What some people need to understand... is that it was necessary to announce Metroid Prime 4 as soon as possible. Metroid fans were furious and disappointed with Nintendo since 2010. And Federation Force only make those feelings increase. It was announcing it now... or wait till fans just don't give a damn about Metroid anymore. They had to know that the game is real, that it is indeed coming. Even if it takes long and don't provide gameplay.

So, despite me hating "smoke" announcements like Shenmue III, Death Stranding or Final Fantasy VII Remake... I support Nintendo's move here.

Jumpin said:
MTZehvor said:

My point is that your argument that it "certainly cannot be argued that any of the future Metroids" were the best console/handheld games avaliable is flat out wrong considering how many people have done just that. You're welcome to not like SM/Prime/whatever else if you don't want, but the notion that people can't argue that they were best games around at the time is more than a touch ridiculous.

TBH, the artistic direction and graphics for Return of Samus are horrible, AM2R looks way better. But the gameplay could be very cool, but again, I'm cautious because Nintendo is going to release it a 40$, and I'm not paying that price for a remake of a 20 yo game with graphics that looks like it made on a Dreamcast. It's 2017 goddammit...

And no, I don't get excited at logos, Prime 4 will probaby be released in 2019, that's so far, that's when LoU 2, BGE2 and Death Stranding will be released.

Right now I'm more excited for Mario x Rabbids TBH, the game is beautiful, with a great Art Direction, and a really innovative gameplay. To me it's the most interesting Switch game of 2017, and it's a Ubisoft game

princevenom said:
nintendo should remake super metroid

Give it to Wayforward and put it on Switch and I'd buy it day one.

I wanted 2D Metroid, so getting "3D on 2D plane on the 3DS" is sort of a "Okay, I guess that will do" rather than bouncing off the walls.

MTZehvor said:
Jumpin said:

My point is that your argument that it "certainly cannot be argued that any of the future Metroids" were the best console/handheld games avaliable is flat out wrong considering how many people have done just that. You're welcome to not like SM/Prime/whatever else if you don't want, but the notion that people can't argue that they were best games around at the time is more than a touch ridiculous.

My point is to argue against the claim that I had terrible taste for being much more into Metroid and Metroid 2 than the later Metroid sequels and spinoffs.