By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rate Nintendo Spotlight at E3 2017!

Rating out of 10

10 103 18.80%

9 137 25.00%

8 160 29.20%

7 63 11.50%

6 30 5.47%

5 24 4.38%

4 14 2.55%

3 4 0.73%

2 1 0.18%

1 12 2.19%

Total:548

Between Sony/Ms/Nin then Nin is the winner even though I preferred the games Sony showed more. Looking forward to XC 2 and learning more about the Pokemon game for Switch. And Mario/Rabbids is a winner as well! Didn't really care to much for anything else but even so I still feel they had the best presentation as far as games goes!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Muffin31190 said:

Could not agree any more, Less we not forget when Breath of the Wild was announced and when it was released.

Considering that games like Kingdom Heart 3, the Final Fantasy VII remake and Shenmue 3 are setting the bar for too early announcements, you guys are jumping the gun.

It certainly may not be announced more in advance then those titles (pokemon definitely not), but an announcement without any assets (or in pokemons case even a bloody name/logo) is not something I want to become common place.

Areym said:
spemanig said:

Pretty much.

I'm not sure they win.

What's peculiar is what does their early 2018 look like? And when do they talk about it?

Based on the comments on this site, they needed those announcement just to edge out MS and Sony in relative mediocrity, which is kinda sad. I think they will be system seller for sure and fantastic games but not even a CGI trailer to really hype it up? Come on

I'm not sure what they have for early/half 2018, looks like they are banking on winning the holidays then sleeping on the first half of 2018

I'd rather nothing than a CGI trailer tbh.

If they win this E3, it'll be a shallow win like the conference where sony announced TLG, Shenmue 3, and FF7R. Which is fine because it's strategic, but doesn't mean anything to me. Pokemon and Metroid are big deals conceptually.

As for early 2018, the fact that we're getting XB2 proves to me that early 2018 has games, or it would have been delayed. We might get a conference early 2018 to lay out plans. Or a direct.

spemanig said:

I'd rather nothing than a CGI trailer tbh.

Though you can actually learn things about the game from a CGI trailer. It's setting, story, characters. It's better knowing that then just a name, and shows they've actually put some work in. They could have just decided to make the logo this morning for all we know. (they didn't)

Presentation was solid, 7/10! Showed that yes there'll be support in 2018 and that the Switch is undoubtedly replacing the 3DS.

+New Kirby, looking fantastic
+New Yoshi, looking great
+Xenoblade 2 still looking good and still 2017
+Mario Odyssey still looking good and earlier than expected
+Metroid isn't dead
+Mainline Pokemon confirmed, likely 2018

-No Fire Emblem 2018
-Fire Emblem Warriors trailer was meh and still no date
-No footage for Metroid and Pokemon
-Animal Crossing still dead
-Spent a little too much time on filler

Around the Network

Im super hyper hyped for the Kirby game!
aaaaaa
They are fusing the kirby powers again! finally!
all I wanted from a kirby game! Perfect

Mario Odissey finally got me, it seems to be amazing

no footage for metroid prime, but it is fucking metroid coming!

RPG pokemon

They didnt show any of those little titles like nes remix, dr luigi, pushmo, or party minigames game, good!

But more talking than I expected, but It let me really hyped.

a 9.

It was a good, but not great Direct.

For a 25 min show, they wasted too much time talking and treated the, imho, three biggest reveals very poorly.

Why did they show Rocket League twice, and showing very little of the game? They should have shown it only once, with enough time to show some gameplay (even if it wasn't real footage).

And then we have the Pokemon Switch and Prime 4 announcements showing... absolutely nothing, except for a provisional Prime 4 screen. C'mon!

But oh! We got not only announcements, but also gameplay from new Kirby and Yoshi games. Kirby, of which we got a Wii U game in 2015 and a 3DS one in 2016, and Yoshi, that had games in 2014 for the 3DS and 2015 for Wii U (ported to 3DS this year). Those games do have game footage but Prime 4 doesn't.

It wasn't an E3 show to remember, that's for sure.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

4/10

The presentation felt like a commercial - and a poor one at that.
That games trailer was just... weirdly placed.

So we had 2 minor announced games for 2018... but they can announce Pokémon and Metroid for, at least, 2019? Really?

Mario was the only thing that made the spotlight seem exciting.

Muffin31190 said:
Barkley said:

"Sony and Microsoft announce games way too early, it's rubbish."

*metroid 4 logo, "pokemon is coming".*

"OMFG 10/10 HORY SHIIIIIIIIIT"

If you're one of these people you need to find a mirror.

Could not agree any more, Less we not forget when Breath of the Wild was announced and when it was released.

Havne' twatched since at work, so everything listed is essentially a logo only for me. Hell al og is better than text even, lol.

But forgetting Metroid Prime 4, the announcmenet of pokemon is huge whether it has a logo or just word of mouth. Pokemon has been stuck on handhelds since the beginning. While everyoen and their mother assumed it was going to come to switch, hearing it is huge news. Finally a full on pokemon mainline game coming to a home console. That is exciting, whether a trailer, logo or just words.

Metroid Prime 4 is just nice to hear what style game it will be, and I assume this is Retro making, so we finall know what they are doing.

As for release. I assume both release 2018. NOt too often a Nintendo game takes forever to release. BotW is an exception due to the purposely delaying to transfer to the Switch. If the Wii U was successful, we would have seen that game in 2016 easy.

Slade6alpha said:
Yo someone link me a pic of that big tit girl from Xeno 2.

I got you fam: