By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Elder Scrolls 6 isn't in development

With Skyrim: Special Edition last year, the Morrowind expansion for The Elder Scrolls Online this year, and now announcements for Skyrim VR and a Switch edition, you’ve probably been wondering if The Elder Scrolls 6 is the next thing on Bethesda’s agenda. Unfortunately, if you’ve been pining for a new game in the main series, you’ve got a long wait ahead of you. 

“They have at least two major titles they are working on before we’re going to get to Elder Scrolls 6,” Bethesda’s Pete Hines said last night, while showing off more of The Evil Within 2. 

And those two big titles don’t include all the other things Bethesda’s doing, like Skyrim VR. So there’s a lot to get through before The Elder Scrolls 6 starts getting some love. Development won’t even begin until those projects are done. 

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-elder-scrolls-6-isnt-in-development/

I think it is ridiculous if true, they need to let Skyrim go already. Looks like we won't get an Elder Scrolls at all this gen

Around the Network

So we are looking at a generation without a proper GTA or a proper The elder Scrolls. Well that sucks, luckily there are games as the Witcher and Dragon Age to replace the latter. But GTA is pretty much a one of a kind.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

What? They should've started working on it after Fallout 4. Seriously Bethesda come on.

So, they're doing a Blizzard/Valve and leaving their monster hit out in the sun and beating the dead horse for years and years. Good to know.

Qwark said:
So we are looking at a generation without a proper GTA or a proper The elder Scrolls. Well that sucks, luckily there are games as the Witcher and Dragon Age to replace the latter. But GTA is pretty much a one of a kind.

I wouldn't say that just yet, we might get GTA 6 in 2019...

Around the Network

"They want new Elder Scrolls? Well then, they'll play ESO and they'll LIKE IT!" - Some Bethesda exec, probably.

Barkley said:
Qwark said:

I wouldn't say that just yet, we might get GTA 6 in 2019...

With RDR2 delayed to 2018 i don't know if that's going to happen.

Damn, so it was actually stated that they haven't started on an ESVI yet? That makes me a little bit sad. Especially since they need time to out-do Skyrim, which will take years of development. So if they haven't even started yet, and are basically saying that it will be some time before they even do, then it might not be until 2021/2022 that we see a new ES game, right?

If they allow CDPR to release Cyberpunk and raise the bar for RPGs yet again before they drop a new Elder Scrolls, I gotta say I'll find it hysterically funny

I call BS. They might mean it's not in heavy development. But it's at the very least been in the concept, planning and design stage.