By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Impressions...

DMeisterJ said:
kingofwale said:
DMeisterJ said:
kingofwale said:
>e. If you weren't a fan of the original FFVII, then I don't see why you would purchase this game

My recommendation? Finish the game first before writing a review for it. I've never played the original FFVII and I loved it. The story itself is intriguing enough for even non-fans to play through it.

My main complain to your review is the fact you fall into the same problem as XPlay. not playing enough (in xplay's case, not at all), you will find A LOT Of ability to customize yourself later on in the game. As well as much harder battles.

Well, this isn't a review.

These are my "impressions", as the title states, and as I said in my post. Key-word being MY impressions, not yours. And there is no review score for that reason, as they are impressions.

And I said the game is getting harder, as I've died multiple times. Did you not read my "impressions"?

Well, your impression ended with " If you weren't a fan of the original FFVII, then I don't see why you would purchase this game". Clearly if you played through the entire game, you might (and probably will) think otherwise to that statement and actually SEE why people would, like myself and other people here.

Such statement is too early to be stating in a game when you are just 6 hours into it.

Which leads me to my point. your 'impression' is pre-mature.

Hence why they're called imipressions.

This isn't a review. This is what I've gathered after six hours of playing the game. And I should clarify that statement.

Lots of stuff happened in FFVII, and if you weren't there for all that, it may be hard for someone to follow the story, or even know who Zack was, since at the beginning of the game, the link isn't established between him and Cloud. I'm just saying that it will be hard to follow, and people may not give the game a fair shake.

Why do you need to play the FFVII to understand a preque? I never played God of War 1 and 2 to play God of War on PSP.

In fact, I didn't know who Cloud is until after 12 hours. And frankly, why does that matters? He's just another kid you grow to like. In fact, I never knew who Tifa is or her connect with Cloud AFTER I saw Advent's Children after I finished Crisis Core. It doesn't matter, at all.

You can argue all you want that it's your 'impression'. but all I'm saying is, it's way to pre-mature to make statement such as "if you aren't a fan, you won't like the game".

EDIT: SPOILER!

It doesn't matter if you know who Zack is in the beginning, he's just a kid who blindly wanted to be a hero, like many of us when we were young. He was tought honour and dream... and the story progresses. 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

Deffinatly getting it :D .... on June 27th :(

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

kingofwale said:
DMeisterJ said:
kingofwale said:
DMeisterJ said:
kingofwale said:
>e. If you weren't a fan of the original FFVII, then I don't see why you would purchase this game

My recommendation? Finish the game first before writing a review for it. I've never played the original FFVII and I loved it. The story itself is intriguing enough for even non-fans to play through it.

My main complain to your review is the fact you fall into the same problem as XPlay. not playing enough (in xplay's case, not at all), you will find A LOT Of ability to customize yourself later on in the game. As well as much harder battles.

These are my "impressions", as the title states, and as I said in my post. Key-word being MY impressions, not yours. And there is no review score for that reason, as they are impressions.

And I said the game is getting harder, as I've died multiple times. Did you not read my "impressions"?

Well, your impression ended with " If you weren't a fan of the original FFVII, then I don't see why you would purchase this game". Clearly if you played through the entire game, you might (and probably will) think otherwise to that statement and actually SEE why people would, like myself and other people here.

Such statement is too early to be stating in a game when you are just 6 hours into it.

This isn't a review. This is what I've gathered after six hours of playing the game. And I should clarify that statement.

Lots of stuff happened in FFVII, and if you weren't there for all that, it may be hard for someone to follow the story, or even know who Zack was, since at the beginning of the game, the link isn't established between him and Cloud. I'm just saying that it will be hard to follow, and people may not give the game a fair shake.

Why do you need to play the FFVII to understand a preque? I never played God of War 1 and 2 to play God of War on PSP.

In fact, I didn't know who Cloud is until after 12 hours. And frankly, why does that matters? He's just another kid you grow to like. In fact, I never knew who Tifa is or her connect with Cloud AFTER I saw Advent's Children after I finished Crisis Core. It doesn't matter, at all.

You can argue all you want that it's your 'impression'. but all I'm saying is, it's way to pre-mature to make statement such as "if you aren't a fan, you won't like the game". 

OKAY.  I TAKE THE STATEMENT BACK.

BUT THE GAME

IF YOU ARE A FAN, IF NOT, IF YOU'RE A BABY, IF YOU LIKE CARROTS, BUY THE GAME.

But seriously, I do love the game, and anyone should buy the game, I personally don't think that anyone who hadn't played VII would like it, but according to KoW, they would, so just buy the game.  It is awesome.

Proud PSP fan since its announcement Cool

Bet with tk1797 - God of War : Chains of Olympus will sell one million copys ( 1000000 ) worldwide untill January 1 2009 . 2 week chosen signature use .

Bet with blaydcor - God of War : Chains of Olympus will not be announced for Sony untill the end of March 09 .

Bet with routsounmanman - first week sales of Monster Hunter Portable 2 G will be over 300k . Special sig for 1 week .

Have you been (or will you) enforce those bets, Hunter? Looks like you will win all 3.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
DMeisterJ said:
kingofwale said:
DMeisterJ said:
kingofwale said:
DMeisterJ said:
kingofwale said:

OKAY. I TAKE THE STATEMENT BACK.

BUT THE GAME

IF YOU ARE A FAN, IF NOT, IF YOU'RE A BABY, IF YOU LIKE CARROTS, BUY THE GAME.

But seriously, I do love the game, and anyone should buy the game, I personally don't think that anyone who hadn't played VII would like it, but according to KoW, they would, so just buy the game. It is awesome.

lol, Trust me, DM, Nobody here is a bigger fan of PSP than me here. ;).

Personally, This is my favourite RPG game on any console, it edges out even the great ones on PSP such as Jeanne D'Arc. Pretty much if you are a PSP owner, BUY this game.

selnor
Episode 2:
Around the Network

Already a million seller =D I did predict it would hit 4 million World wide.

mM

I'm with KingOfWales on this one, never played FFVII but i LOVE Crisis Core!

>Already a million seller =D I did predict it would hit 4 million World wide.

not gonna happen, I predict 2 million Max, this is PSP we are talking about here. :)

selnor
Episode 2:
.:Dark Prince:. said:
I'm with KingOfWales on this one, never played FFVII but i LOVE Crisis Core!

You haven't played FFVII!  Blasphemy, and that goes to you to KoW.  It's so full of win.

@ KoW

I actually think I'm a bigger PSP fan.

I've had mine since launch. You?