By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One X will launch for $499

Your thoughts?

TOO HIGH! 544 73.81%

Is actually a decent price 131 17.77%

For 4k gaming? Steal 62 8.41%

Total:737

this is for the rich gamers that don't know where to spend their money, for the time

depends on how soon MS will replace the XboxONE, if it takes longer than 4 years from now, it could be worth it when the price drops to $400

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network

Official specs:

http://www.dualshockers.com/xbox-one-x-official-spec-sheet-pictures-size-weight/

nanzano said:
The only thing I hate about this is that a 299 Price for the PS4Pro is now impossible. The scorpio had one year before it release, how was 399 not possible M$???

I think we will see some $349 PS4 Pro bundles when X1X comes out. It's currently €349 including Horizon:ZD here actually.

Accounting for currency conversion. Australia is actually cheaper than the USA for once at an equivalent $488.76 USD. ($649 AUD.)

Still. If you don't wish to pay that price. You have the cheaper Playstation 4 Pro. Don't wish to pay the Playstation 4 pro price? Then you have the Playstation 4 and Xbox One and Switch. Don't wish to pay that price? Buy a 3DS.

There is something for everyone as far as consoles are concerned at almost every price point.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Was expected for what they are offering. I wouldn't be surprised if MS is selling it at a loss.
But seriously... my graphics card was slightly cheaper than the xbox one x is. .. I guess... And it's just one of many other components for my gaming experience. 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

cheaper then an IPAD.... not bad.

Hiku said:

For some reason I expected the design of the system to look significantly different from the standard Xbox One. But in hindsight I'm not sure why I got that impression. Guess I didn't actually give it any thought.

The fact that it's smaller than Xbox One S deserves props though.

I thought the original Xbox One was one of the ugliest systems ever made. It was just a square generic VCR from the 90's. And not even a good looking one at that. But both Xbox One S and X look really nice. Sony on the other hand made their PS4 Slim and Pro look worse than the original PS4 imo.

I love the looks of the original xbox 1. i think it looks perfect.  scorpio looks awful. and the xbox S is just the original but smaller. Same look just tiny version.

Decent price, crappy name.

Hmm, pie.

Hiku said:
FallingTitan said:

I love the looks of the original xbox 1. i think it looks perfect.  scorpio looks awful. and the xbox S is just the original but smaller. Same look just tiny version.

Xbox One S is not just the original but smaller. The bottom protruding part is the main difference. It changes the whole composition and ergonomy. It makes it more asymetrical than the original. The grills are also significantly different. Round small holes instead of stripes. And there's no more glossy finish on the side. Details like that can make a huge difference for overall design impact. PS4 Slim is just a bit thinner at the top with rounded edges, but that was enough to give a completely different impression.

You are right the PS4 slim looks like a big pencil eraser/gum. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

I don't want a PS4 Pro because its not a big enough upgrade.

Yet I feel X1X is too expensive.

Frankly, this is a PREMIUM CONSOLE and I prefer MS going the expensive route versus a small upgrade like PS4 Pro.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)