By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The better system is...

Nintendo 64 606 48.71%

Playstation 1 638 51.29%

Total:1,244
curl-6 said:
Lawlight said:
Why is the N64 so close to the PS1?

Both are great consoles and the number of Sony and Nintendo fans on VGChartz is pretty close to equivalent.

I don't think so. Number of Nintendo fans far outweigh Sony fans.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
curl-6 said:

Both are great consoles and the number of Sony and Nintendo fans on VGChartz is pretty close to equivalent.

Not really. It's a matter of perspective; because you're a Sony fan and don't like Nintendo, you see the other side as more numerous. It's the same phenomenon that see left wingers claiming the right are taking over and right wingers claiming the left is taking over. Humans have a tendency to see their own viewpoint as normal, and so overlook those who agree but take notice of those who differ.

curl-6 said:
Lawlight said:

Not really. It's a matter of perspective; because you're a Sony fan and don't like Nintendo, you see the other side as more numerous. It's the same phenomenon that see left wingers claiming the right are taking over and right wingers claiming the left is taking over. Humans have a tendency to see their own viewpoint as normal, and so overlook those who agree but take notice of those who differ.

Nailed it.

curl-6 said:
Lawlight said:

Only 1 way to find out.

Edit; On second thought, I can't be bothered posting a poll but there has been damning evidence of vgchartz's inclination towards Nintendo in the past. It's exactly like gamefaqs in that sense.

Also, how can you say that the left has not taken over when all major institutions are left leaning? 

Lawlight said:
curl-6 said:

Only 1 way to find out.

Edit; On second thought, I can't be bothered posting a poll but there has been damning evidence of vgchartz's inclination towards Nintendo in the past. It's exactly like gamefaqs in that sense.

Also, how can you say that the left has not taken over when all major institutions are left leaning? 

Sir, please take a seat on that sofa there and tell me, there being more Nintendo fans on this website: how does that make you feel?

Around the Network

I had them both then, and both were sensational. No doubt the PSX game library was much broader, but the great games of the N64 were something else. N64 for me, and even today I still have the console and more or less 30 cartridges.

PSN: avanzo85

Switch Friend Code: SW-0301-4529-7712

Somebody post an image of the NES Max.

d21lewis said:

Let me go a step further:

Hynad said:
d21lewis said:

Let me go a step further:

Looks like some quality cable. Sold!

Lawlight said:
Why is the N64 so close to the PS1? Oh right...

In terms of memorable games released for both, there's not much between the N64 and PS1.

And I say that as someone who's top games of all time include Suikoden 2, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy IX and Final Fantasy VII.