By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsofts E3 will be longer than 90 minutes. Edit- Longer than 97 minutes!

super_etecoon said:
jason1637 said:

Not really. We know the specs. I expect them to start with a trailer that reveals the name price and launch.  They might spend a few minutes on features which shouldn't take more than 5 minutes. Then maybe another 5 minutes to talk more about its power etc and they will say all games showcased are running on Scorpio then spend the rest of the show showing games.

Doesn't Microsoft have a tendency to focus more on apps and the system environment than focus completely on games as you are predicting? Not suggesting that there won't be a ton of games and gameply covered, but that it's probably likely that at least a half hour will be devoted to non-game material.

last year they spend 4 minutes focusing on apps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRAhtB79b5I From minute 31-35

Around the Network

So, talking about xbox games which I will end up playing on my PC.

Nevertheless, I am really surprised about the length. Will probably see a lot of people playing the games live on stage whereas Nintendo will mostly show trailers and more of the games gameplay at the treehouse.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

jason1637 said:
I expect Microsoft spending about 10 minutes talking about Scorpio.

I wold agree with this.  They already revealed the Scorpio so they only need to cover release, price and maybe cover some games that will use its hardware advantage.  Make it 20 minutes game showing.

jason1637 said:
super_etecoon said:

Doesn't Microsoft have a tendency to focus more on apps and the system environment than focus completely on games as you are predicting? Not suggesting that there won't be a ton of games and gameply covered, but that it's probably likely that at least a half hour will be devoted to non-game material.

last year they spend 4 minutes focusing on apps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRAhtB79b5I From minute 31-35

Thanks...I may have been thinking of the XBoxOne's reveal or something.  Looks like 90 minutes has been the norm for Microsoft for several years now.  Should be exciting!

Hopefully they announce some games. And don't just talk about the Scorpio for90 minutes.

Around the Network

super_etecoon said:

I think over the years MS and Sony has changed their focus based on criticism. I highly doubt much time if any will be spent on non gaming stuff.

MS will likely spend a lot of time talking about Scropio and showing the games taking advantage of it, old and new titles. They've been pretty quiet about new content a long time, so maybe they have a lot to announce this year.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Peh said:
So, talking about xbox games which I will end up playing on my PC.

Even Windows 10 users are helping the cause!

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

crossing my fingers it's games games games...

and scorpio.

Good guy MS saves me more time by not watching it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Mr Puggsly said:

super_etecoon said:

I think over the years MS and Sony has changed their focus based on criticism. I highly doubt much time if any will be spent on non gaming stuff.

MS will likely spend a lot of time talking about Scropio and showing the games taking advantage of it, old and new titles. They've been pretty quiet about new content a long time, so maybe they have a lot to announce this year.

Sony has never been criticized for questionable first party as to why they lack games. Microsoft has though, so no one knows what to expect from Microsoft because of their studios. Almost 90% of all prediction videos that ive seen could not figured out anything about Microsoft based on known studios like they can for Sony. Sony has more known and trusted studios so people can speculate on who might be working on something. Even Xbox only owners because of E3 have had to admit that their first party is not equal in terms of internal potential. Microsoft is  going to need to come heavy with the third party exclusives or else.

My expectations are low....which leaves a lot of room to be pleasantly suprrised. But I am not expecting them to bring the variety of their competition.