By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsofts E3 will be longer than 90 minutes. Edit- Longer than 97 minutes!

90% of that time to talk about Scorpio's hardware, the rest in how games might be better but won't cause lazy devs. Whatever time is left will be used talking about mediocrity filled exclusives that won't be available for 12 months right at the end gen.

User was moderated for this post

-Super_Boom

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
30 minutes from Nintendo; 90 plus minutes from Microsoft. Looks like we'll finally have an answer to that age old question: does length really matter?

It's the girth (games) that's important, something Nintendo and Sony has plenty of.

loy310 said:
90% of that time to talk about Scorpio's hardware, the rest in how games might be better but won't cause lazy devs. Whatever time is left will be used talking about mediocrity filled exclusives that won't be available for 12 months right at the end gen is about to end.

90%?! it won't even be half that. They've already let out a decent amount of information out themselves or digital foundry. Why would they bother rehashing information we already know?

I've got nothing better to do, so I'm looking forward to a longer show. I like watching conferences though, so unless I'm watching poorly-scripted minecraft demos and Peggle 2 orgasms, I won't be too disappointed if there's a lot of talking.

Fingers crossed for a low amount of timed-exclusivity, First on Xbox and Mixed Reality BS (hinted at during BUILD) and higher on pure exclusives and software features coming to the console.

loy310 said:

90% of that time to talk about Scorpio's hardware, the rest in how games might be better but won't cause lazy devs. Whatever time is left will be used talking about mediocrity filled exclusives that won't be available for 12 months right at the end gen.

On podcast unlocked phil said he wanted the focus to be on games so I doubt they will spent more then 10 minutes on the Scorpio, maybe less.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network
malistix1985 said:
loy310 said:

On podcast unlocked phil said he wanted the focus to be on games so I doubt they will spent more then 10 minutes on the Scorpio, maybe less.

Really? I'm expecting me than that. 10 minutes for reveal, price and run down on features? It'll take 20 mins to half an hour I think.

ironmanDX said:
malistix1985 said:

Really? I'm expecting me than that. 10 minutes for reveal, price and run down on features? It'll take 20 mins to half an hour I think.

Im expecting they will show the box, give a price show of the new dashboard, maybe 5-6 minutes in total and then they will say and here are some games running on the hardware and more info will be shown later, games games games.

They know people want it so they will just show games running instead of talking to long about it, last year they announced 2 consoles (scorpio and xbox one S) and it didn't take very long either.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

This will be the first Microsoft conference I skip since I started watching E3s.
Hugely disappointed in the direction XBox has taken.

twintail said:
im good with 90 mins thx.... hopefully closer to 90 than 120.

Confirmed to be 97mins

https://twitter.com/shannonloftis/status/873340722224611329?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fgamrconnect.vgchartz.com%2Fthread.php%3Fid%3D203618%26page%3D1706

super_etecoon said:
30 minutes from Nintendo; 90 plus minutes from Microsoft. Looks like we'll finally have an answer to that age old question: does length really matter?

I think it's more a case of... it might be short, but people want it in their hands and between their legs (the controller, filthy minds)

The Nintendo shows always bring a little sadness for me though just remembering Iwata's parts in the previous years events, he was quite the personality.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive