By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How Much Will Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Sell?

Didn't Sun and Moon just come out? I think it won't make much tbh.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
6-8 million

Lower end of this, if that. Wouldn't be surprised if this sold very poorly for a Pokemon. I've never seen a worse reveal reaction for a pokemon game in my life.

Whatever is on the low end. It should've been multiplat 3DS/Switch and people sense that. I am too lazy to see how much third versions of the games have sold to give an exact number, but I predict it will be lower than usual. I personally am not getting them and I did get and very much enjoyed both Sun and Moon. The framerate issues were too annoying though, and I don't feel like getting a New 3DS to alleviate them (I have an old 3DS.) Plus the 240p image equality is very much dated.

9 million

I'd say the least selling third edition Pokémon ever, but this isn't a hopes and dreams thread. Instead, I'll say, "too much."

Around the Network
EricFabian said:
more than it deserves

Like every third version and sequel that have been released? :P

Medisti said:
10 million, since they seem to be trying to set it up as a Black 2 and White 2 situation. Maybe less if it turns out to be closer to Crystal or Emerald.

Why is everyone salty? Prior to today, there was no confirmation of any Pokemon games on Switch at all. This is the Pokemon Z nonsense all over again.

I'm mostly salty because they will be releasing games that are pretty much the same as last year's games. They should have waited with this until 2018 or 2019 and given us remakes instead. Also, I would have prefered a Switch game.

Kai_Mao said:
EricFabian said:
more than it deserves

Like every third version and sequel that have been released? :P

Emerald, Crystal and Platinum are the best games/versions of their respective gen though. You could maybe add Yellow too...

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

7-8mil. I don't expect it to do groundbreaking numbers

I can't help but feel that people would be feeling completely different about this game if this was the exact same game but on Switch. It's not the game you don't like or think is lazy or undeserving of success, it's the system it's on. A few days ago people were praising the idea of a 3rd type Sun and Moon game, it's literally what most of us were expecting, but unfortunately a fake rumour set a lot of people up for expecting something that would of been unrealistic without the rumour.

Anyways even If this came out on both Switch and 3DS I'm pretty sure the 3DS version would be the best selling anyway.