By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How long have some of your new game binges gotten?

So, I got a new game... and for the first time, in years, I was actuially able to play it without getting bored.. Usually, when I buy a game, I play it for 10, 15 minutes, get bored, and never touch it again.. However, with Tekken 7, my steam account and PS4 log shows that I've been playing this game for just about 30 hours in total..  It got me thinking...

Have you guys ever binged on new games, and for how long or am I just the only one?

Here's my steam account:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025168601/games/

I bought the PC and PS4 version.  Combined, it's 30 hours

Around the Network

100% my worst was Pokemon Black, over 80 hours in the first week. Work hours kinda stop me from ever doing that again though

ktay95 said:
100% my worst was Pokemon Black, over 80 hours in the first week. Work hours kinda stop me from ever doing that again though

i took a week vacation, specifically for tekken 7.

Two many examples, most recent have been;

Farpoint - Played through the Story, 2 hours a day during the week, then did another complete run + challanges on Saturday that had me in VR for about 10 hours. Had a few half hour to 45 min breaks during that time, but 10 hours in VR with motion controls in a day is quite a work out.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Took off the Friday it released and played 52 hours from 15:00 Friday until 08:00 Monday morning when I got my Platinum. This is the most insane session I have ever had. It was just game, eat during cut scence, game, nap for a couple hours, and right back at it.

Beyond that I have Played through every Naughty Dog game start to finish in one sitting since Jak and Daxter. I played through every Metal Gear Solid start to finish in one sitting, usually around 30 hours. The same is true for the God of War series.

I collected every start in Mario 64 in basically a non stop session when I got it over Christmas break as a kid. Completed Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie both in non stop sessions.

I had an epic 200 hour jorney in FFX during one summer break where it was basically all I did for days, until my dad took my PlayStation away, because I was not doing enough with my summer.

All in all though, every Gran Turismo holds the record for me. Many, many, many 24 hour endurance races. Broken wheels have been common due to stupid amounts of hours. My sessions have shrunk due to work, but the first year GT5 was out, I spent the entire 11 day vacation doing nothing but play that game.

I absolutely love gaming, and their is nothing better to me than getting completely lost in a game. It is absolutely euphoric to me, to go into another world, and come out the other side with a life experience. In all of the traveling I have done, all the things I have seen, and all the fun I have had, nothing has ever left an impression on me like my best gaming binges.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Shenmue II 2003. 24 hours straight. Dunno what the total hours were.
Xenoblade 2011 19 hours straight. After that multiple 10 hour sessions. 600 total hours.
Dragon Age Origins. 18 hours. 2015. A few 8 hours sessions later. 3-400 hours total.
Xenoblade Chronicles X multiple 15+ hour sessions straight. Why I have 800 hours into it. 2015.

Only breaks I took were bathroom breaks. No sleep no food in those sessions outside of snacking.

Around the Network

Persona 5. I managed to go over the 100 hour mark in just under a week, when I got the game April 6, I didn't sleep for about 36 hours. I had no caffeine in me whatsoever, pure hype was what kept me awake.

Does World of Warcraft count? Could play days straight without sleep.

I do recall many games that I either rented, forgot my memory card or they had to go due to obligations when playing with friends, so we would have to make as much progress as possible within the time limits.

Ofc solo I had problems with JRPGs like FFX, Disgaea, FFVIII, Dynasty Tactics 2, RoTKVII-X and many others. But usually would just be 12-18 hours.

I put 335 hours in Soulsilver...150 of those hours in the span of two weeks...I'm proud and not proud at the same time

SC and WC3 as far as multiplayer games goes.

Singleplayer games I did put in massive amount of time in both XCX and BotW in a very short time

Well, I put around 30 hours into the first Kingdom Hearts within two days of getting it back when it was new. Quite a few Final Fantasy-games have gotten similar playtimes as well.