By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - NBA Finals Discussion- warriors clean up in five games, win it all 129-120

XD 

Around the Network

Durant was amazing down the stretch there. What a dagger right in LeBron's face.

TH3-D0S3R said:
tiffac said:

I could just imagine the whole Basketball world melting down if the Banana Boat Squad actually happened hahahahaha!

I honestly hope it would get more backlash than the KD move. To be fair, the Warriors drafted all their talent and only acquired 1 big name free agent. If Melo, Wade, and CP3 did this, they are bigger shams than KD.

Well the key to the KD rage and why the bitterness has endured is because he was on a contender team.  They almost beat the Warriors last year.  He left a strong supporting cast and an exceptional wingman and who did he join?  The Warriors.  It would be like Jordan joining the Pistons, Lebron joining the Spurs after his finals loss, Wilt joining the Celtics.  

And there would be backlash but somewhat mitigated as people would say the Warriors started the arms race which they did, regardless of their methods.

Someone better order a broom. Watch KD whip out his 2k-mode to finish this in game 4

KLAMarine said:
WebMasterFlex said:

Kevin Durant is best player of the world. Cry...

Nah, he's a quitter who reeks of desperation for a ring. He'll get a ring but we all know what he had to do to get it. There's no changing history.

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:
The biggest problem with the Cavs is that most of their players, while definitely talented, are one dimensional. Williams, Korver, Channing Frye, and JR Smith, when their shots aren't falling they disappear, and they really on LeBron and Kyrie to get them most of their offense.
Love, while a great offensive player, isn't known for his defense, today's game being the outlier.
Tristan Thompson, a very good defender and SHOULD BE a great rebounder, his offense comes from catches 2-3 inches from the paint with good looks or open dunks.

The Cavs need to blow this team up this offseason, not add a new player or two, just blow up the entire team.
They need to get younger, more flexible players, guys who can produce in multiple ways, and guys who can grow and develop alongside Kyrie. Because LeBron isn't getting any younger, he's going to be 33 years old in December. We're seeing the end of his prime right now. The Cavs need to start giving the reigns of the franchise more to Kyrie, meanwhile, LeBron needs to step back and serve as a mentor to Kyrie in terms of leadership as well as help him develop his defensive game, because Kyrie, as well, is mostly one dimensional.
Because if they keep this same team intact, we're gonna be going through this all over again next year.

And probably the worst thing, LeBron can't get any rest. In this game alone, the Cavs were a +7 with him playing 46 minutes and an abysmal -12 when he barely can catch a 2 minute break. Sure some will say he was a minus late in the game, but what can you do playing 46 minutes while KD and Steph only played 41 and 39 minutes, respectively. And I don't think those 41 and 39 minutes were as hard of minutes as LeBron's 46. Plus both he and Kyrie (44 minutes from him total) virtually played the entire 2nd half, thus tired legs show. And as much as I'm sure people here and everyone out there do (including me) rave about LeBron's physique and durability, being 32 and all that 40,000+ minute mileage will eventually catch up and he can't just simply drive to the basket 90% of the time late in games, especially the way he plays throughout the game.

Not trying to make excuses for LeBron or Kyrie because they did make some questionable decisions and forced some shots that could've been better, but damn. They played as great of games you could've asked from them and they still lost a close one. I think a pretty good amount of people might have pointed LeBron had to play 48 minutes a game for the Cavs to have a chance. And tbh, that's probably a joke that might've been more serious than we realized. It's like asking them to do the Tour de France after doing a marathon. And I know timeouts and end of quarters and halves are a thing, but those are still incredible minutes being played, especially just to lose a close game. That can be demoralizing.

WebMasterFlex said:
KLAMarine said:

Nah, he's a quitter who reeks of desperation for a ring. He'll get a ring but we all know what he had to do to get it. There's no changing history.

Cute pic but there's no forgetting the caveats that will hover around his ring: Durant joined the team that defeated his team the season prior to win his first ring.

One of the most cowardly things any professional athlete could ever do.

KLAMarine said:
WebMasterFlex said:

Cute pic but there's no forgetting the caveats that will hover around his ring: Durant joined the team that defeated his team the season prior to win his first ring.

One of the most cowardly things any professional athlete could ever do.

Great game! Very hard fought by the Cavs, but once again this shows how great this Warrior team is. Just one more!

monocle_layton said:
TH3-D0S3R said:
So quick question for everyone, what team COULD beat this Warriors team? LeBron and Kyrie just dropped 77 combined, players like Love, JR, and Korver helped contribute, the Warriors had 18 TO's and shot a 48.2% FG, and they still won. I'm not sure I can name a team all time of the top of my head that could stop the scoring of the deadly 4s.

Showtime lakers would definitely slow down the tempo, something the Cavs did but abandoned for no good reason. When the Cavs turn into the Warriors, they lose. When they calm down, things become close.

96 bulls were legendary. It would go either way- both teams are beasts.

All the Bulls championship teams are better then this Golden State team especially the second threepeat team Rodman totally shut down Malone in the finals twice he would have no problem shutting down the entire Golden State frontcourt and get over 20 rebounds per game along the way.  Plus nobody on Golden State could contain Jordan.