By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - NBA Finals Discussion- warriors clean up in five games, win it all 129-120

Chris Hu said:
monocle_layton said:

Showtime lakers would definitely slow down the tempo, something the Cavs did but abandoned for no good reason. When the Cavs turn into the Warriors, they lose. When they calm down, things become close.

96 bulls were legendary. It would go either way- both teams are beasts.

All the Bulls championship teams are better then this Golden State team especially the second threepeat team Rodman totally shut down Malone in the finals twice he would have no problem shutting down the entire Golden State frontcourt and get over 20 rebounds per game along the way.  Plus nobody on Golden State could contain Jordan.

All you comment is pure crap since we can't know it and it's pure imagination. Cry a river.

But but but but the Bull was better !

Around the Network
WebMasterFlex said:
Chris Hu said:

All the Bulls championship teams are better then this Golden State team especially the second threepeat team Rodman totally shut down Malone in the finals twice he would have no problem shutting down the entire Golden State frontcourt and get over 20 rebounds per game along the way.  Plus nobody on Golden State could contain Jordan.

All you comment is pure crap since we can't know it and it's pure imagination. Cry a river.

Uh, nope I'm 44 years old and I actually saw all those Bulls team win those titles with my own eyes while it was happening so I have actual first hand knowledge of how good they really where.  Also if Jordan didn't take that hiatus they more then likely would have won eight titles in a row.

WebMasterFlex said:
Chris Hu said:

We literally explained how this superteam has a  kryptonite. Stop replying with immature responses. There's no need for it

No way the Rockets would lose to the Bulls in their 1994 and 1995 championship years. The Bulls lacked size in comparison to the Rockets team lead by the great Hakeem Olajuwon. The Bulls were lucky to never face the Rockets in the NBA Finals. Olajuwon was a stronger opponent than the big guys Jordan faced in NBA Finals: Malone, Kemp and Barkley. Jordan got lucky to win his 6 NBA titles. Jordan never faced a strong team in the NBA Finals.

Is everyone forgetting how stacked the east was, and the fact that Jordan faced the Supersonics, Jazz, and Trailblazers? If the Jazz aren't considered a strong team with one of the best hall of fame duos to ever play, then idk what to say

Ridiculous to say he only won by luck

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
WebMasterFlex said:

Uh, nope I'm 44 years old and I actually saw all those Bulls team win those titles with my own eyes while it was happening so I have actual first hand knowledge of how good they really where.  Also if Jordan didn't take that hiatus they more then likely would have won eight titles in a row.

Dude just don't go there, you'll never convince these people.  I'm not old but I've studied basketball history and the revisionism that goes on from one generation to the next never fails to shock me.  There are people who wouldn't put Wilt in top 10 or think Dwane Wayde is better than Jerry West.  And of course, all the loons who act like 6 is the holy grail magic number, the most championships evar!...when the Russell Celtics have 11. 

As for the GSW now vs the Bulls, that would be a hard fight.  It would turn into a slugging match probably, the Bulls relying on their usual leaders and the Warriors taking advantage of their depth.  Would be an interesting game. 

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
No way the Rockets would lose to the Bulls in their 1994 and 1995 championship years. The Bulls lacked size in comparison to the Rockets team lead by the great Hakeem Olajuwon. The Bulls were lucky to never face the Rockets in the NBA Finals. Olajuwon was a stronger opponent than the big guys Jordan faced in NBA Finals: Malone, Kemp and Barkley. Jordan got lucky to win his 6 NBA titles. Jordan never faced a strong team in the NBA Finals.

dude just stop please. the teams that jordan played against in the finals were great. id say all those teams would beat this cavs team for sure. jordan had to face the knicks every year in the playoffs and beat them. patrick ewing was a top 3 centers in the 90s 

Nuvendil said:
Chris Hu said:

Dude just don't go there, you'll never convince these people.  I'm not old but I've studied basketball history and the revisionism that goes on from one generation to the next never fails to shock me.  There are people who wouldn't put Wilt in top 10 or think Dwane Wayde is better than Jerry West.  And of course, all the loons who act like 6 is the holy grail magic number, the most championships evar!...when the Russell Celtics have 11. 

As for the GSW now vs the Bulls, that would be a hard fight.  It would turn into a slugging match probably, the Bulls relying on their usual leaders and the Warriors taking advantage of their depth.  Would be an interesting game. 

It's simple really, everyone wants to believe that they're lucky enough to be witnessing the absolute greatest play in their time of watching a particular game. It makes people feel good about "their era," their generation. They see whoever the best is in the here and now, and just can't imagine anyone being better than that.....and they can't be asked to go back and check either. Those old guys are just numbers to them.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Zuh? Karl Malone and the Jazz beat Hakeem in the playoffs, so did Kemp ... so that means what exactly?

Bulls had no problem handling teams with size, they dealt with the Knicks who were punishing upfront with Ewing/Oakley/Mason/etc. and then Shaq/Grant as well, not to mention the Bad Boy Pistons in '91. 

Bulls were always a big team themselves. 

Rockets wouldn't have two titles if MJ hadn't retired. 

As for best team ever .... it may well be these Warriors. 

Jordan is the best player ever, but that doesn't mean a team couldn't be constructed that's better than the Bulls. An All-Star team is better than the Bulls, I mean the Warriors are pretty freaking close to at least an All-Star starting 5 and then have an above average bench to go with it. 

That's not really a knock on the Bulls, it's just more of what an unusual circumstance the Warriors are. 

The Warriors are akin to basically taking the 95-96 Bulls and adding Patrick Ewing or David Robinson to them on top of what they already had.