By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - This is how Voice chat on the Switch will work

Happy with how Voice Chat wil be handled?

Yes 32 9.30%

No 244 70.93%

its whatever... 68 19.77%

Total:344
vivster said:
Rab said:

Same reason Sony doesn't do it, it drains power 

Do you have any idea how little power consumption of wifi and bluetooth matter on a device like Switch with a giant screen and big battery? Apparently not.

Im happy to be educated, do you have any tech info on this?

Just from simple observation being an owner of a iPhone and iPad, when bluetooth is turned on I notice a significant drop in battery life even when it's not actively engaged 

Around the Network

The usual suspects are here I see.

p0isonparadise said:
The usual suspects are here I see.

Yes, but that's the easy part. The hard part is the conviction! Who do you have the most dirt on?

it's fine. I honestly think people are overreacting LOL

RolStoppable said:
VGPolyglot said:

Yes, but that's the easy part. The hard part is the conviction! Who do you have the most dirt on?

Conviction? What exactly do you mean?

Well, a suspect is only that until the conviction. We must gather enough evidence to make them guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Around the Network
Rab said:
vivster said:

Do you have any idea how little power consumption of wifi and bluetooth matter on a device like Switch with a giant screen and big battery? Apparently not.

Im happy to be educated, do you have any tech info on this?

Just from simple observation being an owner of a iPhone and iPad, when bluetooth is turned on I notice a significant drop in battery life even when it's not actively engaged 

I'm starting to think that the fact that, unlike an XBox1, PS4, or PC, the Switch needs to be mindful of battery life hence the need for a smartphone when it comes to voice chat...

OdinHades said:
vivster said:

I'm pretty sure PS4 can do all of it wireless.

Not with friggin' bluetooth it can't! It won't work with my goddamn SONY Bluetooth headset until this very day. I used the same exact headset on the PS3 for years and it worked flawlessly. Not anymore! Ok, maybe it's too old, how about some new SONY headphones from 2016? Nope, sorry, won't work! But yeah, why in the world should a SONY headset work with a fuckin' SONY console?! 

Sorry, I'm still a little fucking pissed off because of the shitty bluetooth support on PS4. I'm using bluetooth headsets on steam and it works like a charm. Until now, I couldn't use a single headset on the PS4. Not the official PS3 bluetooth headset, not the Sony MDR-1RBT, not the Sony MDR-1ABT, not the Bose SoundLink OnEar, nothing. I always have to wear that shitty headset that was in the box underneath my good headphones. Plus I have a fucking cable hanging on my controller. I hate cables. 

Screw you, Sony!

I was wondering whether the Gold headset was wireless on the PS4. I have it, but have only used it on the Vita. I still go online with the PS3, and also have the PS3 Gold headset, which is of cousre, wireless. Are you sure the PS4  Gold headset won't work with bluetooth. WTF is the dongle for? I need to google this shit now, just to be asolutely clear. If true, that's kinda lame. Not the unbelievable mess the Switch has going on, but still lame. On that: This is even worse than what I thought it would be. Just having to use a phone, without voice-chat functionality being built in was already stupid. This is a clown show.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Captain_Yuri said:

Poor iphone 7 users tho. All that apple greatness yet you can't use it with the switch and charge your iphone at the same time. Unless you are courageous enough to get a dongle and add more stuff into this mess.

So much for a wireless future eh?

Jesus Christ.  Can't wait for someone to tell me how elegant and simple that is.  Well, except for Reggie, because he looks so defensive when he lies.  He's like the Sean Spicer of gaming.

Slarvax said:
Ya'll should wait for Nintendo to announce it.

I agree with that.  I don't believe this is all there is to the equation.  Nintendo could not have looked at this and said, "yeah, that's a good design."  I'm guessing there will be yet another Nintendo-made accessory sold that's a lot less clunky.  I'm not going to assume this is the only solution.

you know it's bad when it even stops the circlejerk at r/NintendoSwitch

not sure it is something that will affect me too much, as I just jump in to MK or Splatoon here and there, but for others who really love and focus on multiplayer gaming, it's terrible

RolStoppable said:
VGPolyglot said:

Well, a suspect is only that until the conviction. We must gather enough evidence to make them guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

That's not really how it works on a gaming forum. Despite everyone, including the mod team, knowing who is guilty, there won't necessarily be convictions (=moderations). There is some leeway in which users can operate without having to worry about moderations. This here is such a thread which is why I posted that people need to be thrown a bone every now and then. Here they can express their dislike for the Switch without it classifying as (blatant) trolling, so the number of such individuals is notably higher than in Switch threads of the recent past.

OK. Now, what are your views on it? Do you think this is an acceptable decision?