By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - May 22nd - 28th 2017

Famitsu software up. I'll do hardware later.

Around the Network

Ultra Street Fighter 2 with a nice debut at number 3. With that and it hitting top 10 in the UK has really surprised me, for a quick port Capcom must be happy with these sales.

RolStoppable said:
SuperBott said:
japanese gamers prefer MK8 than BoTW?

This shouldn't come as a surprise because Mario Kart games have comfortably crossed the 1m mark with each release while the last Zelda to sell over 1m units dates almost 20 years back.

Looks like Switch hardware will fall into the 25-30k units range until the release of ARMS Splatoon 2.

Not sure ARMS will do anything for Switch in Japan.

How much did SFV sell first week?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

guiduc said:
RolStoppable said:

This shouldn't come as a surprise because Mario Kart games have comfortably crossed the 1m mark with each release while the last Zelda to sell over 1m units dates almost 20 years back.

Looks like Switch hardware will fall into the 25-30k units range until the release of ARMS Splatoon 2.

Unless Nintendo has been saving some stock for it's release.

Around the Network
guiduc said:
RolStoppable said:

Nintendo will probably increase shipments regardless of how good/bad Arms sells.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:
guiduc said:

Nintendo will probably increase shipments regardless of how good/bad Arms sells.

I guess it depends on the forecasts they get from preorders of the game. Maybe they will allocate more to the West since ARMS seems to gain traction over here mostly.

Good first week for Ys VIII on PS4. Nier: Automata, Rainbow Six Siege and GTA V legs are nice.

Only hardware sales are painful to watch...

Next week is going to be very interesting with Tekken 7 release (expecting a bump for PS4 hardware)!

Ys taking the top spot this week. Decent opening.

Ps4 hardware impressive. Hopefully over 20k next week. Just need the ps4 baseline to hang in there another few weeks until the DQ11 hype begins shifting units.

Kyuu said:
celador said:
RIP Ys?

I think it did fine for a late Ys port.

oh, didn't realise it was a port.

that' s a relief, i like that series