Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump to pull from Paris Climate Accord

Worst President the US has ever had?

Donald Trump 65 47.45%

Donnie Tinyhands 4 2.92%

Grabher [by the pu**y] 13 9.49%

President "I have the best words" 7 5.11%

Covfefe 48 35.04%

Total:137

Yeah, instead of actually investing in forward looking technology, to be the leaders in that segment when push comes to shove were just going to stick out head in the sand. Yup.

If Trump was really putting America first then he would do his best to get companies and reseach going on electric cars, renewable enery, waste and resurce management etc. Instead he seems determined to throw America back about 200 years.

I think I'm running out of eyerolls for every trump headline.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
2nd highest carbon dioxide emissions country in the world.
Wont help lower emissions.....

US is basically going "f*** you rest of world, hope you suffocate on our emissions".

Also there has to be something done, to stop global warming and riseing sea levels.
This is just silly, US needs to stay in it, and work on getting cleaner.

I mean, even if the US abided by every regulation in the agreement, we'd still be the 2nd highest. Our industries are very heavy in energy, so it's natural that the #1 economy in the world has a lot of CO2 emissions.

Have you read much into what the US would actually have to do? It'd pretty much guarantee China passing the US in the next decade.

JRPGfan said:
crissindahouse said:

Just today he complained about someone because of how his 11 years old son has to suffer because of that person. I would say his son will suffer much more from persons like him in some decades.

But it is like it is, pretty much everything he does is only about pushing the economy for the next years, everything after that is something he doesn't care about and there will be enough people who will also only look at the short term effect of his doings and praise him for it. 

If you want to do that, you shouldnt give tax cuts to the rich.

They already have all the houses/cars/tvs ect they need, and every extra $ will just go into a back account, sit there doing nothing.

If you give money to the poor, they spend it, which is a million times better for the economy (& business & jobs).

Everything trump does is what favors him and his rich friends.

I mean, you can criticize Trump a lot, but our economy is doing very well. Consumer confidence is very high and people are investing much more.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

At least some common sense.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Who needs an environment anyway.

SuperNova said:
Yeah, instead of actually investing in forward looking technology, to be the leaders in that segment when push comes to shove were just going to stick out head in the sand. Yup.

If Trump was really putting America first then he would do his best to get companies and reseach going on electric cars, renewable enery, waste and resurce management etc. Instead he seems determined to throw America back about 200 years.

I think I'm running out of eyerolls for every trump headline.

Yep. He also rolled back on car companies aiming for 50mpg standard by 2025. He literally hates the environment. 

Around the Network
Cubedramirez said:
He followed through with his campaigned promise.

Also the Paris accords was much to do about nothing with no measurable impact. Outrageous cost and stunted economic activity was going to impact the low to middle income classes the worst while the elites are shielded from a stagnant economy.

He made the right choice.

That's exactly right. It's not about facts, but about feeling good and poor for the small fry and making bank for the big elite.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

The important thing is rich people get more tax cuts. Everyone has to pitch in and do their part including the environment. The environment has been hogging resources for far too long, preventing maximum profit for about 10 corporations. It's outrageous. 

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Cubedramirez said:
He followed through with his campaigned promise.

Also the Paris accords was much to do about nothing with no measurable impact. Outrageous cost and stunted economic activity was going to impact the low to middle income classes the worst while the elites are shielded from a stagnant economy.

He made the right choice.

That's exactly right. It's not about facts, but about feeling good and poor for the small fry and making bank for the big elite.

Yes, but remember that Donald Trump is part of the big elite. He has their interests in consideration, as he's one of them.

VGPolyglot said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

Yes, but remember that Donald Trump is part of the big elite. He has their interests in consideration, as he's one of them.

It's hillarious how the actual elite has re-spun this so middle class/low income people eat right out of their hands, lol. So easy to manipulate. 

Here lets cut your healthcare too. Those tax breaks don't pay for themselves. 

The richest companies in the US are mad as hell. Exxon, ShellOil, Microsoft, Google, Apple, And even Starbucks. Should make you liberal 1% haters happy that Trump is pissing off the elites. More jobs for Joe Doe at the coal mine and refineries. Less money for Bill Gates and his billionaire buddies. Now go and read that Paris Deal and see why the US was paying the bulk of the costs and other countries are riding our coattails. USA first was and IS his legacy and he seems to be keeping that promise made to the people of America.