By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How much does the round earth lobby pay you?

Qwark said:
Aeolus451 said:
How did I know that some of you were try to paint pro-trump people as flat earthers.....

Because Trump uses the term fake news very often and doesn't give a damn about science?

The only thing the left uses actual science in their arguments with is when it comes to the environment in relation to pollution. A group of people who believe that there's millions of genders could easily believe the earth is flat.

Around the Network
Flilix said:
Insidb said:

The close association between religion and distrust of science makes your logic sound, but don't forget that there are some very public, left-wing morons who are advertising their flat earth beliefs.

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=67313.0

I didn't expect this, but indeed, their political opinions seem to be pretty divided.

(Allthough I'm not sure if this is a serious site or a satire?)

The scariest part: you can rarely tell.

SpokenTruth said:
S.Peelman said:

Because otherwise we'd get blown off?

Only if it accelerated.  If in constant motion, speed is irrelevant.

And Thismeintiel, just how fast is it rotating if scientists have it wrong and how the hell did time speed up or the shape of the Earth change to make this happen?

They calculate it at 1000 miles an hour. Reason being that at the equator, you would have to go that fast to get around the whole earth.  There's one big problem with that. The second you move past the equator, that goes down.  And it goes way down if you're near the actual axis.  So, to believe the earth rotates that quickly, then the earth would have to rotate at different speeds, which is impossible without it destroying itself.

Now, picture this experiment. Say you have a metal rod that you mark with a dot.  You attach it to a motor that you have move so slowly that it takes that rod 24 hrs to rotate to where that dot is in the same spot.  Now, you pierce a styrofoam ball on the rod.  You could mark it with a dot and it will take the same 24 hrs for it to come back to the same spot.  Now, you could have a ball of any size, including the size of earth, on that rod and it's going to take the same 24 hrs for it to rotate.  It's that rod, or axis, that determines the speed at which it rotates, not the size of the object.

Insidb said:
Flilix said:

I didn't expect this, but indeed, their political opinions seem to be pretty divided.

Paranoid Schizophrenia is prevalent across the political spectrum.

Insidb said:
Flilix said:

Their forums confuse me. In some threads about politics, science, everyday life... they seem to be quite normal people, yet they all refuse to believe the earth is round.

Around the Network
fordy said:
$3.1415

Meh. Tau is rounder.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Aeolus451 said:
Qwark said:

Because Trump uses the term fake news very often and doesn't give a damn about science?

The only thing the left uses actual science in their arguments with is when it comes to the environment in relation to pollution. A group of people who believe that there's millions of genders could easily believe the earth is flat.

Fair enough I am more right wing oriented myself. But I also care about the climate and the environment and when it comes to that Trump is a bit of an idiot. For as far as genders/sex, the only combinations I know are XX girl, XY boy and XXY intersex. If someone wants to feel special and claim there own gender be my guess. But that doesn't change the fact you either have the genetic code XY, XX or XXY

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Aeolus451 said:
Qwark said:

Oh look, it's you again So, being anti-transphobic now somehow means that leftists believe that there's millions of genders?

What? I'm reading some of the figures you people have been posting and they don't make any sense--I've spent so much lobbying for the Round Earth, you guys should have a lot more. Oi! Lafiel, quit hoarding the yachts! Those are supposed to TRICKLE DOWN!

Johnw1104 said:
Insidb said:

Paranoid Schizophrenia is prevalent across the political spectrum.

In any group of people, the distribution will persist.