By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How much does the round earth lobby pay you?

VGPolyglot said:
Aeolus451 said:

The only thing the left uses actual science in their arguments with is when it comes to the environment in relation to pollution. A group of people who believe that there's millions of genders could easily believe the earth is flat.

Oh look, it's you again So, being anti-transphobic now somehow means that leftists believe that there's millions of genders?

Maybe not millions but definitely hundreds or thousands of genders the left is trying to push. 

Didn't canada pass some law forcing everyone to use the correct pronoun for 70 different genders and if you use the wrong pronoun, you can be fined and possibly jailed?  

I'm fine with transgendered people if they conform within binary genders but there's limts to my toleration of the absurdity of their claims and forcing me to play along. At what point is a person just in lala land? At what point do you stop taking someone seriously? There's people who want to be trans racial and others who want to be treated as a dragon or a cat, I shit you not.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Oh look, it's you again So, being anti-transphobic now somehow means that leftists believe that there's millions of genders?

Maybe not millions but definitely hundreds or thousands of genders the left is trying to push. 

Didn't canada pass some law forcing everyone to use the correct pronoun for 70 different genders and if you use the wrong pronoun, you can be fined and possibly jailed?  

I'm fine with transgendered people if they conform within binary genders but there's limts to my toleration of the absurdity of their claims and forcing me to play along. At what point is a person just in lala land? At what point do you stop taking someone seriously? There's people who want to be trans racial and others who want to be treated as a dragon or a cat, I shit you not.

No, that's not what the law says. It says that gender identity can't be a basis for discrimination, and that attacks against trans people can be considered a hate crime:

http://sds.utoronto.ca/blog/bill-c-16-no-its-not-about-criminalizing-pronoun-misuse/

thismeintiel said:
SpokenTruth said:

Only if it accelerated.  If in constant motion, speed is irrelevant.

And Thismeintiel, just how fast is it rotating if scientists have it wrong and how the hell did time speed up or the shape of the Earth change to make this happen?

They calculate it at 1000 miles an hour. Reason being that at the equator, you would have to go that fast to get around the whole earth.  There's one big problem with that. The second you move past the equator, that goes down.  And it goes way down if you're near the actual axis.  So, to believe the earth rotates that quickly, then the earth would have to rotate at different speeds, which is impossible without it destroying itself.

Now, picture this experiment. Say you have a metal rod that you mark with a dot.  You attach it to a motor that you have move so slowly that it takes that rod 24 hrs to rotate to where that dot is in the same spot.  Now, you pierce a styrofoam ball on the rod.  You could mark it with a dot and it will take the same 24 hrs for it to come back to the same spot.  Now, you could have a ball of any size, including the size of earth, on that rod and it's going to take the same 24 hrs for it to rotate.  It's that rod, or axis, that determines the speed at which it rotates, not the size of the object.

I'm a little confused as to what you're claiming here. The speed at which the earth rotates on the equator is indeed a little over 1,000 mph, and the speed does indeed also decrease as you move away from the equator. My best friend's uncle is a very literal rocket scientist (engineer) and he told us (and I've since confirmed via research) one of the main reasons that space agencies tend to be located near the equator (such as the one I live near, Cape Canaveral) is because the additional speed reduces the necessary amount of fuel and therefore also reduces the weight. They've been piggybacking off of that for quite some time.

The surface of the earth is little more than a crust floating atop far hotter and denser materials, all which are being pulled inward by gravity and also being pulled by the orbiting moon, which leads to a great deal of churning. Still, the crust is relatively stable (at least from our short-existence perspectives) as a result of both floating atop said core, but also because of the consistency of its rotation along its axis and the stabilizing force that the moon has served upon the axis itself.

This notion that "the earth's surface would be untenable if the equator rotated faster than polar regions" would likely be true if the earth were suddenly a perfect sphere. It is not, however, a perfect sphere, but is instead an oblate spheroid (picture something closer to a more rounded rugby ball). Those very forces resulting from the earth's rotation caused it to slightly flatten dating back to it first coalescing, which is why we have both an "equatorial diameter (~12,756 km)" and a "polar diameter" (~12,713 km)" (the difference being called an "equatorial bulge", which just about all active planets have), and why we have both an actual highest point on earth in Mount Chimborazu in Ecuador and a "highest point above sea level" in Mount Everest.

These differences have been measured for ages now, with atomic clocks actually being modified to correct for such time dilating relativistic issues back in the 1970's, as altitude, speed, and even the stronger pull of gravity in the polar regions (a result of the earth's shape, with the equator bowing out and the polar regions therefore being closer to the center of gravity) all require clocks equipped to compensate for the differences if they are to maintain a consistent time or communicate with the GPS.

These forces have been measured just about every way it's possible to measure them, so it's not so much theory as it is mandatory that the equator rotates faster than the polar regions; it simply isn't possible for any three dimensional shape to rotate on an axis without experiencing variations of speed along its surface. I'm not sure if we're on the same page or not to be honest.

Tree fiddy

Still not as bad as the anti-vaccination or anti-GMO crowd, though.

Around the Network

just as Barbara replied I'm amazed that a student can earn $9412 in four weeks on the
computer . check this site out DOWN HARE TO REPLAYCLICK THIS LINK—— ◐◐◐◐◐◐◐ >>> >>>>>> http://www.jobpro22.com

zefuni said:
just as Barbara replied I'm amazed that a student can earn $9412 in four weeks on the
computer . check this site out DOWN HARE TO REPLAYCLICK THIS LINK—— ◐◐◐◐◐◐◐ >>> >>>>>> http://www.jobpro22.com

FUCK!! Spambots are infecting normal threads now too.

to add to Johnw1104s explanation

the angular speed of every point in a 3D object rotating around an internal axis is equal in every point, which necessitates that the further away a point in the object is from said axis the higher would be the velocity in that point, as they travel a larger circle than axis-nearer points in the same amount of time

with the equator being the furthest from the earth's axis it does travel at the highest velocity around the earth's axis

ofcourse there is stress put on the system due to different points experiencing different velocities, but as long as the stress is smaller than the forces (or pseudo-forces) that hold it all together the object won't be destroyed

Qwark said:
Aeolus451 said:

The only thing the left uses actual science in their arguments with is when it comes to the environment in relation to pollution. A group of people who believe that there's millions of genders could easily believe the earth is flat.

Fair enough I am more right wing oriented myself. But I also care about the climate and the environment and when it comes to that Trump is a bit of an idiot. For as far as genders/sex, the only combinations I know are XX girl, XY boy and XXY intersex. If someone wants to feel special and claim there own gender be my guess. But that doesn't change the fact you either have the genetic code XY, XX or XXY

Actually, there are also girls with only one X chromosome.

pleaserecycle said:
Still not as bad as the anti-vaccination or anti-GMO crowd, though.

Indeed, at leastflat earthers do no harm (I think?).

VGPolyglot said:
zefuni said:

FUCK!! Spambots are infecting normal threads now too.

That's how you know we made it!