By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - 9m

I think in articles talking about the new direction of the Uncharted movie >8.5 million was mentioned.

I would hope that Naught Dog would come out with a celebration of 10 million shipped (physical) + sold (digital), since it will be the first UC game to ever break that barrier. That announcement hasn't happened (but maybe will at E3) and I reckon UC4 must have sold about 1 million digital at least. So I'm a bit sceptical of 9 million physical for now.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Well, it was heavily bundled. It probably could have reached 9m without it but this just propelled it faster. I mean, it's a great game to bundle, it's fantastic.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I'm under the impression that the abundance of bundles helps games sell way more this gen than they did last, regardless of exclusive / platform. I doubt UC4 would have outsold something like Halo 3 (8 million in 12 months) on non bundles for example. Or where games like Halo 3 and Uncharted 3 undertracked last gen?

Great numbers! Should pass 10 million by end of year if it continues to be bundled.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I bought one. Very good game.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
COKTOE said:

Guess so. Sony announced 8.7m as of Dec 31 2016. Oh, VGC.

Oh really? It's almost certainly overtracked then!

VGC had 8.35m then and well 4% digital seems.... not possible. VGC is probably about 1.5m over. What's your source for the 8.7m figure? You should post it in the adjustments thread so it can get adjusted down.

Yep. https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/01/05/uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end-sold-an-unbelievable-amount-of-copies-in-2016/#29a7f8868506

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Ka-pi96 said:
COKTOE said:

Guess so. Sony announced 8.7m as of Dec 31 2016. Oh, VGC.

Oh really? It's almost certainly overtracked then!

VGC had 8.35m then and well 4% digital seems.... not possible. VGC is probably about 1.5m over. What's your source for the 8.7m figure? You should post it in the adjustments thread so it can get adjusted down.

There's an adjustments thread?

Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

There's an adjustments thread?

Well it isn't technically called that, but yeah! It's one of the stickies even http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=209513&page=1

LOL, it's mainly inhabited by spambots I see!

I seem to be behind on the trends......

reading through this thread, I have discovered its been more about bundles than of U4 sales success.

So just to be clear... has bundles become a bad thing now? Or better yet; is it this new bad thing that has only been done this gen?

Call me crazy, but I can swear I got an NES back in 1988 as a kid with super mario bros, duck hunt and this gun thingy you used to shoot ducks. Hell... even my gameboy was bundled with some zelda game....

Ka-pi96 said:
Zoombael said:

Sure. It's not like there are any other bundles available. Like.. Battlefront, Driveclub, TLoU, Fifa, Killzone, Calladudy, HZD, Destiny, Batman etc...

Or standalone consoles. Nope, it's simply impossible to buy the console without being forced in to getting a game you don't want at the same time...

I actually didn't want U4 but this past holiday the bundle was $209 on amazon while the standalone was MSRP.  

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"