By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - 9m

S.T.A.G.E. said:
V-r0cK said:

Tell me about eh, Nintendo lives off of that lol xD

All joking aside, well done ND! I great way to show farwell to Nathan Drake's last adventure :)

Yeah, pretty much. Do you know how many Nintendo games sold record numbers by being bundled to the Wii? It was insane.

*looks at the sales* ...Yeap definitely insane!

Around the Network

Is this the part where I say "It doesn't count because it was bundled" like I always see people do for other games? :p Even though some people buy the console because they want the game, it doesn't count for some reason because it's included in the box.

Mar1217 said:
The joy of bundles !! But yeah congrats :)

Like Halo 5, Mario Kart and many others system sellers?

Medisti said:
Is this the part where I say "It doesn't count because it was bundled" like I always see people do for other games? :p Even though some people buy the console because they want the game, it doesn't count for some reason because it's included in the box.

Then you propose to dismiss games like Wii Sports too?

Intrinsic said:
I seem to be behind on the trends......

reading through this thread, I have discovered its been more about bundles than of U4 sales success.

So just to be clear... has bundles become a bad thing now? Or better yet; is it this new bad thing that has only been done this gen?

Call me crazy, but I can swear I got an NES back in 1988 as a kid with super mario bros, duck hunt and this gun thingy you used to shoot ducks. Hell... even my gameboy was bundled with some zelda game....

Bundles are not a bad thing at all, but it's hard to mesure the real success of a game if it's heavily bundled for free. If 2 millions copies were acquired through bundling like this, you can't really call these "sold". 

Around the Network
lonerism said:
Medisti said:

Then you propose to dismiss games like Wii Sports too?

But the value of Wii Sports was included in the price of the console, same thing of the majorities of Nintendo's bundles. Even limited PS4 bundles like CoD, Battlefront or GTA were priced higher than normal. You can call these sold because they're paid for, even if discounted.

Mar1217 said:
The joy of bundles !! But yeah congrats :)

This is true.  It's why the "best selling games of all-time" lists some people brag about mean so little to me, especially when so many of them came with the system regardless.  I'm supposed to take a list with Duck Hunt seriously?  No, thanks.  I owned that game because I had no choice and there is no way in hell I would have bought it as a stand-alone.  Same with Super Mario Bros., actually, which I had already played at a friend's house and didn't much like.

Still, I don't care if people celebrate the sales of a modern game that's been partially bundled.  It's when they start to compare those sales that it turns kind of meaningless.

JWeinCom said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Or standalone consoles. Nope, it's simply impossible to buy the console without being forced in to getting a game you don't want at the same time...

It's actually more expensive to buy the system without a game than it is to buy it with Uncharted, which is why I'm one of those 9 million sales.  I guess you could say I wanted it more than the other bundle options, but I'd rather have not gotten Uncharted 4.

It would have sold well either way, but 9 million bundled is not the same as 9 million with no bundle.

The other Uncharteds were also bundled. I had the same issue with Splatoon on the WiiU, I got it in a bundled but just traded it in still wrapped for store credit towards Super Smash. 

With Digital might be beyond 10m

The graphics of act 18 are the best I've ever seen that includes PC 

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...