By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the best prediction you ever made?

Gaming: the Vita would flop

Non-gaming: Brazil's economic surge will meet a huge collapse

Around the Network

The launch of consoles. I've been pretty much spot on within months.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

I predicted the Wii U would be a disappointment ... by selling around 40 million units.

Predicted at the beginning of this gen when MS had their Xbox reveal that MS will try unify their ecosystem with Windows through a steam like store.

Also predicted it won't go so well unless they can match steam in terms of pricing, but MS and Sony won't be doing this anytime soon.

My next prediction for MS will be on their official next gen console. I believe they will start to integrate more Windows features and apps into their next console. They will also look into allowing you to play games you downloaded on your Xbox to be played on the go on a MS Surface by syncing it
to a Xbox controller. There will be a push with every surface you buy where you might get a month to twelve months free with MS's new video game rental service. In other words, what Sony should and could do with PSNow to make it better, MS will do first and beat them at their own game.

Revolution would sell 100 million.
Nitro would sell better than GBA.
No Mans Sky will offer little in game play and be a let down. I never fell for the hype and was calling this thing in 2014.
Destiny would be mediocre at launch.
Microsoft would turn Xbox as a service with their games on PC
Okami should be on Wii
Splatoon would sell 2 million first year (I actually under estimated it but still most people didn't expect it to sell even half a mill)
Capcom will cancel Mega Man Legends 3 despite many fans saying they would pay for a demo after Capcom offered.
By mid 2015 I knew MN9 would be trash and people argued with me it wouldn't be.

I have had plenty of wrong predictions also as well. So not claiming I see everything coming. Like I thought PS3 would fail and tho it did early they recovered after a 2-3 years. I thought Wii U would sell ok. Nope. I been wrong as well.

Around the Network

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=204107&page=2#3

my Scalebound prediction june 2015

(the answer from NobleTeam360 on the next page :D

Most of my tech predictions tend to end up being right. Many of my Scorpio and Playstation 4 Pro's did.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I was right when I said that Andromeda wasn't going to be as good as people were expecting and that a industry legend was going to die this year (Masaya Nakamura).

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8219869

EDIT Does voting for Bayonetta in the smash ballot count? And I was betting the NX would have a share libray but be two different pieces of hardware.

Nintendo hybrid console with emphasis on setting it down on a table and having people gather around/play together (versus the insular appeal of VR). 

Also Nvidia Tegra X1 chip being something Nintendo fans should be paying attention to ... back in 2015.

Probably my 240 million lifetime predictions for both Wii and Wii U. No, wait, that wasn't mine!

I've had a few that were pretty good but most are fairly simple or predictable (like the overall direction of the market). I will add that I was among the very first in here, along with kowenicki, who said that the smart device revolution would seriously damage other sectors of gaming, most of all dedicated handhelds, there was very, very little support for that notion in here at the time and the DS was even still selling well.