By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Final Upadate! [Switch vs Wii] Breath of the Wild vs Twilight Princess Sales Comparison + BotW already over 10m combined

LipeJJ said:
RolStoppable said:
Breath of the Wild will pummel Twilight Princess in the long run. When former Nintendo gamers returned for the Wii, they bought Zelda, but didn't really feel it because progress was too puzzle-infested. Breath of the Wild is going to have a much more positive reception among former Zelda fans, so it will continue to spread.

I agree. Btw, this holiday can be big for it since it will have the story DLC coming.

I might have to make a "Can zelda botw sell 20mil lifetime" thread xD

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
LipeJJ said:

I agree. Btw, this holiday can be big for it since it will have the story DLC coming.

I might have to make a "Can zelda botw sell 20mil lifetime" thread xD

It would be very fun anyway.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

The Nintendo Switch is probably going to outsell the WiiU lifetime in the next 12 months, if Nintendo produce enough units.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

hmmm... This will be interesting to follow.

Keep in mind they were not released at the same time of year

Around the Network

Hmm. It looks like BotW will pull ahead in this battle, but the past few weeks make it seem closer than I originally thought it was.

BoTW's gaps over TP is even larger when we factor in digital.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Quite interesting. Tagging.

mZuzek said:
LipeJJ said:

GC data is missing and Wii U will have no problem matching it

Hm... won't it? I don't know, GC TP vs. Wii U BotW feels like a far harder battle than Wii TP vs. Switch BotW.

Wii vs. Switch might as well be over at this point, with Breath of the Wild being better received (longer legs for sure), it's actually THE system-seller for the Switch (something TP never hoped to be), will still get plenty of hype with the upcoming DLC and hasn't even had a holiday season yet. Despite all of that, it's already ahead... no contest.

Wii U version on the other hands will surely have much worse legs (it's already taking a very steep decline), and whatever DLC and holiday hype the game gets will be all focused on the Switch version - that, and Nintendo's making sure it never gets too much stock. I don't think it outselling GC TP is guaranteed at all.

It did 1m on March alone, according to Nintendo. I don't think it will have a problem shipping another 590k lifetime. Will be near (or even reach) it on their next quarterly report.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

the big issue with this comparison is BotW release in spring where as TP was a holiday release.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut