By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Final Upadate! [Switch vs Wii] Breath of the Wild vs Twilight Princess Sales Comparison + BotW already over 10m combined

Don't forget Twilight Princess launched on Chrismas season

Around the Network

So this isn't life time sales just 1st year then, or maybe add a total column for Wii so we know what the Switch version needs to overcome lfetime

Nogamez said:
So this isn't life time sales just 1st year then, or maybe add a total column for Wii so we know what the Switch version needs to overcome lfetime

Breath of the Wild needs to reach around 4m to surpass TP on Wii (first year). It will be easy. 

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:
Nogamez said:

Breath of the Wild needs to reach around 4m to surpass TP on Wii (first year). It will be easy. 

With digital it's probably almost there now 😁

Nogamez said:
LipeJJ said:

With digital it's probably almost there now 😁

Yeah, shipped + digital was 2.7m for March. Here on VGC it has been doing 100k+ per week, without digital/shipped, so I'm pretty sure it's already around 4m (Switch) right now. ^^ 

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

Sadly, this isn't really all that helpful because we don't have the full picture without digital. Twilight Princess didn't have digital at all (unless we're including the HD re-release in with these numbers too), and I hear digital makes up anywhere from 20-30% of purchases now.

Medisti said:
Sadly, this isn't really all that helpful because we don't have the full picture without digital. Twilight Princess didn't have digital at all (unless we're including the HD re-release in with these numbers too), and I hear digital makes up anywhere from 20-30% of purchases now.

Actually, 20-30% is not the norm, especially not with Nintendo (their games tend to be more around 10% usually). Btw, as soon as Nintendo releases their figures later in July for this quarter (April/May/June) I'll update the thread with the official sales info, which includes shipped + digital. 

Updated with week 12!

Despite being the lowest week BotW experienced it still incresed the gap a bit. TP Wii will continue dropping little by little and I expect the very same thing to happen to BotW until Arms week (it got a big bump when MK8D released due to bigger shipments).

Don't forget to update BOTW Wii U data

STARLEZZ said:
Don't forget to update BOTW Wii U data

Updates from now on will be very small for it, so I'll kinda wait for next month when Nintendo releases official figures for it.