Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Final Upadate! [Switch vs Wii] Breath of the Wild vs Twilight Princess Sales Comparison + BotW already over 10m combined

Updated with week 11.

Gap grew over 40k in favor of Breath of the Wild (Switch) one more time. Next week Twilight Princess start constantly falling so even if that's the case for BotW, the gap should still keep increasing.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
Updated with week 11.

Gap grew over 40k in favor of Breath of the Wild (Switch) one more time. Next week Twilight Princess start constantly falling so even if that's the case for BotW, the gap should still keep increasing.

Looks like it s gonna win in both fronts.

Does this include digital for BOTW?

Nogamez said:
Does this include digital for BOTW?

No, these are VGC numbers. 

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

BOTW's gonna crush it !

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

With it's 500k lead right now, if BotW (Switch) hypothetically sold exactly the same numbers week after week as Twilight Princess (Wii), then it would be on track to pass Ocarina of Time (N64) as the best selling Zelda ever.
Seeing as how it is tracking well ahead, we can consider Ocarina of Time's days numbered and 10 million a greater possibility.

Hardware Comparison Threads:

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2019 vs. 2020
(https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241660/ps4xbons-2019-vs-2020/1/)

Crap, this is incredible!
After Skyward Sword kinda failed i didn't know Zelda would recover its throne
It can surely beat saleswise OoT, i think it depends of Switch´s future success

Don't forget Twilight Princess launched on Chrismas season

So this isn't life time sales just 1st year then, or maybe add a total column for Wii so we know what the Switch version needs to overcome lfetime

Nogamez said:
So this isn't life time sales just 1st year then, or maybe add a total column for Wii so we know what the Switch version needs to overcome lfetime

Breath of the Wild needs to reach around 4m to surpass TP on Wii (first year). It will be easy.