By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Final Upadate! [Switch vs Wii] Breath of the Wild vs Twilight Princess Sales Comparison + BotW already over 10m combined

Updated! The gap increased in favor of Breath of the Wild (Switch).



Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
Updated! The gap increased in favor of Breath of the Wild (Switch).

Nice.  Thank you for doing this.



keep up with this, it's very interesting, thanks for updatingit.



“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.” - Satoru Iwata

Breath of the Wild already beat Skyward Sword in japan (according to Famitsu, BoTW it´s 485k, while SS died at 360k), tht´s pretty good.



STARLEZZ said:
Breath of the Wild already beat Skyward Sword in japan (according to Famitsu, BoTW it´s 485k, while SS died at 360k), tht´s pretty good.

Switch version is at 485k, Wii U + Switch is at 615k.



Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
STARLEZZ said:
Breath of the Wild already beat Skyward Sword in japan (according to Famitsu, BoTW it´s 485k, while SS died at 360k), tht´s pretty good.

Switch version is at 485k, Wii U + Switch is at 615k.

Which means it's close to TP's Japan total already (640k). I also recall that BOTW digital sales were above 40k in march alone or something like that, so it's actually ahead when you take all formats into account. 



Roar_Of_War said:
Slarvax said:

Switch version is at 485k, Wii U + Switch is at 615k.

Which means it's close to TP's Japan total already (640k). I also recall that BOTW digital sales were above 40k in march alone or something like that, so it's actually ahead when you take all formats into account. 

It sold 33,500 (Switch) + 6,700 (Wii U) in March (let's round to 40k) and 8,197 (Switch) + 1,863 (Wii U) in April (so 10k) digitally, according to Famitsu. So it's sold over 50k digitally, which means BotW has sold around 665k in total, without May digital estimates.

Sources: March - April



Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Nice sales for Breath of the Wild!



Updated with week 10.

Gap grew over 40k in favor of Breath of the Wild (Switch) again. Looks like this trend is guaranteed to continue next week as well.



Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

The game is probably going to do pretty good numbers this holiday too. Maybe they could cut 10$ off the price or do a bundle for the Holiday season.



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909