By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Final Upadate! [Switch vs Wii] Breath of the Wild vs Twilight Princess Sales Comparison + BotW already over 10m combined

Slarvax said:
STARLEZZ said:
Breath of the Wild already beat Skyward Sword in japan (according to Famitsu, BoTW it´s 485k, while SS died at 360k), tht´s pretty good.

Switch version is at 485k, Wii U + Switch is at 615k.

Which means it's close to TP's Japan total already (640k). I also recall that BOTW digital sales were above 40k in march alone or something like that, so it's actually ahead when you take all formats into account. 

Around the Network
Roar_Of_War said:
Slarvax said:

Switch version is at 485k, Wii U + Switch is at 615k.

Which means it's close to TP's Japan total already (640k). I also recall that BOTW digital sales were above 40k in march alone or something like that, so it's actually ahead when you take all formats into account. 

It sold 33,500 (Switch) + 6,700 (Wii U) in March (let's round to 40k) and 8,197 (Switch) + 1,863 (Wii U) in April (so 10k) digitally, according to Famitsu. So it's sold over 50k digitally, which means BotW has sold around 665k in total, without May digital estimates.

Sources: March - April

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Nice sales for Breath of the Wild!

Updated with week 10.

Gap grew over 40k in favor of Breath of the Wild (Switch) again. Looks like this trend is guaranteed to continue next week as well.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Updated with week 11.

Gap grew over 40k in favor of Breath of the Wild (Switch) one more time. Next week Twilight Princess start constantly falling so even if that's the case for BotW, the gap should still keep increasing.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
Updated with week 11.

Gap grew over 40k in favor of Breath of the Wild (Switch) one more time. Next week Twilight Princess start constantly falling so even if that's the case for BotW, the gap should still keep increasing.

Looks like it s gonna win in both fronts.

Does this include digital for BOTW?

Nogamez said:
Does this include digital for BOTW?

No, these are VGC numbers. 

With it's 500k lead right now, if BotW (Switch) hypothetically sold exactly the same numbers week after week as Twilight Princess (Wii), then it would be on track to pass Ocarina of Time (N64) as the best selling Zelda ever.
Seeing as how it is tracking well ahead, we can consider Ocarina of Time's days numbered and 10 million a greater possibility.

Crap, this is incredible!
After Skyward Sword kinda failed i didn't know Zelda would recover its throne
It can surely beat saleswise OoT, i think it depends of Switch´s future success