By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Final Upadate! [Switch vs Wii] Breath of the Wild vs Twilight Princess Sales Comparison + BotW already over 10m combined

RolStoppable said:
Dulfite said:
These are VGchartz numbers, right?

If so, this isn't exactly fair considering, when TP came out, there was no way to buy it digitally on the Wii. With the Switch, not only is it possible, but a LOT of people are buying digitally.

We'll get Nintendo's shipment numbers for Breath of the Wild which include digital sales. While I can't find Twilight Princess on Nintendo's investor relations page, I remember it to be ~7m for the Wii version alone, so that's the target for the Switch version of BotW.

So will these numbers be updated when we get them? Or is this already updated based on NPD report?

Around the Network
IkePoR said:
mZuzek said:

Regardless of marketing, I think at least until Odyssey is released, Breath of the Wild will remain THE game to get with a Switch for most people.

You could make a strong argument for that being the case even after Odyssey.

I dont know about that..  I mean, according to VGC MK8 sold more in its first week so..

Can't wait to see the update.

chakkra said:
IkePoR said:

You could make a strong argument for that being the case even after Odyssey.

I dont know about that..  I mean, according to VGC MK8 sold more in its first week so..

Sales don't dictate prestiege, is what I mean.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

a 45k boost for Zelda during MK8 week compared to the week before. That's pretty good I'd say.

Around the Network

Updated! The gap increased in favor of Breath of the Wild (Switch).

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:
Updated! The gap increased in favor of Breath of the Wild (Switch).

Nice.  Thank you for doing this.

keep up with this, it's very interesting, thanks for updatingit.

“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.” - Satoru Iwata

Breath of the Wild already beat Skyward Sword in japan (according to Famitsu, BoTW it´s 485k, while SS died at 360k), tht´s pretty good.

STARLEZZ said:
Breath of the Wild already beat Skyward Sword in japan (according to Famitsu, BoTW it´s 485k, while SS died at 360k), tht´s pretty good.

Switch version is at 485k, Wii U + Switch is at 615k.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988