By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Final Upadate! [Switch vs Wii] Breath of the Wild vs Twilight Princess Sales Comparison + BotW already over 10m combined

mZuzek said:
LipeJJ said:

I hope they include Zelda on their marketing campaigns later this year. Imagine how many people want to buy the game but are waiting for holidays/bundles/sales. I bet it will sell a lot during black friday! Not to mention people that will pick it up as a complementary game for Odyssey or Splatoon 2. 

Regardless of marketing, I think at least until Odyssey is released, Breath of the Wild will remain THE game to get with a Switch for most people.

You could make a strong argument for that being the case even after Odyssey.



"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network
IkePoR said:
mZuzek said:

Regardless of marketing, I think at least until Odyssey is released, Breath of the Wild will remain THE game to get with a Switch for most people.

You could make a strong argument for that being the case even after Odyssey.

I hope you're right, but it's always good to see them promoting the game.



Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

These are VGchartz numbers, right?

If so, this isn't exactly fair considering, when TP came out, there was no way to buy it digitally on the Wii. With the Switch, not only is it possible, but a LOT of people are buying digitally.



Dulfite said:
These are VGchartz numbers, right?

If so, this isn't exactly fair considering, when TP came out, there was no way to buy it digitally on the Wii. With the Switch, not only is it possible, but a LOT of people are buying digitally.

We'll get Nintendo's shipment numbers for Breath of the Wild which include digital sales. While I can't find Twilight Princess on Nintendo's investor relations page, I remember it to be ~7m for the Wii version alone, so that's the target for the Switch version of BotW.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

tbone51 said:
Hey guys lets find some sales figures (shipped) for TP! So we can compare

As you wish!

 

 

3.27m wii+1.32m GC NOV+DEC 06-MAR 07  vs  ? switch+ ? wii u game Mar 17-June 17...

 

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2007/070427e.pdf

Nintendo had announced  in 2015 ( when they released the HD version of wii u ) that it sold 8.85m on both platforms...

VGC has them at 7.16m and 1.59m respectively, -100k... The 30k  of the deficit is in Japan, vgc has it at 40k, while it sold 70k there!

( VGC simply used the sales figure of the last time it appeared in the top 20/30 of Media create/Famitsu )



Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Dulfite said:
These are VGchartz numbers, right?

If so, this isn't exactly fair considering, when TP came out, there was no way to buy it digitally on the Wii. With the Switch, not only is it possible, but a LOT of people are buying digitally.

We'll get Nintendo's shipment numbers for Breath of the Wild which include digital sales. While I can't find Twilight Princess on Nintendo's investor relations page, I remember it to be ~7m for the Wii version alone, so that's the target for the Switch version of BotW.

So will these numbers be updated when we get them? Or is this already updated based on NPD report?



IkePoR said:
mZuzek said:

Regardless of marketing, I think at least until Odyssey is released, Breath of the Wild will remain THE game to get with a Switch for most people.

You could make a strong argument for that being the case even after Odyssey.

I dont know about that..  I mean, according to VGC MK8 sold more in its first week so..



Can't wait to see the update.



chakkra said:
IkePoR said:

You could make a strong argument for that being the case even after Odyssey.

I dont know about that..  I mean, according to VGC MK8 sold more in its first week so..

Sales don't dictate prestiege, is what I mean.



"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

a 45k boost for Zelda during MK8 week compared to the week before. That's pretty good I'd say.