By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Final Upadate! [Switch vs Wii] Breath of the Wild vs Twilight Princess Sales Comparison + BotW already over 10m combined

I think so as well. 
I think Nintendo will announce 4 million units shipped + digital when they announce they their latest earnings at the end of the month. (Switch version only. + Wii U, it should be around 5.3 million)

Around the Network

Gonna be great to finally have a 10m+ selling Zelda game. Zelda has always kind of straddled that sales line between just a popular franchise and a massive one, but BOTW should officially place it into the latter camp after 30+ years.

Updated with week 14!

Once again BotW wins by a good margin. Next week, Twilight Princess on Wii will keep falling, but we still have to wait to see how BotW holds up. In any case, it will still win again.

The gap is at 540k in favor of Breath of the Wild (Switch).

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Accounting for digital, it's probably a 1 million advantage for BotW.

Zelda BotW is on good way to be 1st 10m Zelda game.

Around the Network

Honestly, I think it could do 11-12 million on the Switch alone.

PAOerfulone said:

Honestly, I think it could do 11-12 million on the Switch alone.

Yeah, Im thinking that too. We should know better around December.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

BOTW will only sell 10 million if the Switch ends up being as or almost as successful as the Wii was. Bundles and price drops will definitely do justice in any case :)

It's also helpful that BOTW wasn't overshadowed by the motion control crap that was 1-2 Switch as Twilight Princess was with Wii Sports. I'm hoping Nintendo has completely disbanded from advertising that game now.

Updated with week 15 and Nintendo's official figures!

The gap grew in favor of Breath of the Wild once more. As usual, this trend shall continue next week when Twilight Princess (Wii) drops to ~48k.

Fun fact: According to Nintendo's figures, Breath of the Wild's (Switch) first 4 months nearly matches Twilight Princess' (Wii) first full year on the market.

Sorry for keep you waiting! I was very busy, but now everything is ok.

Updated with weeks 16, 17, 18 and 19!

The gap grew in favor of Breath of the Wild by ~14k only. There were some flat weeks, but things started to get better last week and this trend will probably carry to the following week.