By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Final Upadate! [Switch vs Wii] Breath of the Wild vs Twilight Princess Sales Comparison + BotW already over 10m combined

Official numbers (i got to find them if any1 can help pls post)

US: 2.64mil+ Switch --- 480k WiiU (as of end of march)
Japan: 830k (as of last week) --- 140k WiiU (last known figures)
UK: Over 300k Switch
Ger: Over 200k Switch --- Over 100k WiiU
France: almost 500k
Spain: 170k

Help me out



Around the Network

Yea we will probably have full numbers soon since these are the biggest entries in 3D Mario and Zelda ever. The software sales are really strong on Switch.
Happy to see Zelda becoming this big again. It really deserves the success and Nintnedo should put the VC soon so people can try the other games now.



My guess on shipments+digital with what we know so far. Ill put it on the optimistic side but nothing too crazy. Here we gooooo.....

US: 3.3mil+750k (4.05mil)
Can: 275k+75k (350k)
UK: 400k +50k (450k)
Fra: 600k + 150k (750k)
Ger: 500k + 120k (620k)
Spa: 200k + 40k (240k)
Jap: 950k + 175k (1.12mil)
RotW 800k + 200k (1mil)

WW total Combined 8.5mil for the year which is f-ing crazy



tbone51 said:
My guess on shipments+digital with what we know so far. Ill put it on the optimistic side but nothing too crazy. Here we gooooo.....

US: 3.3mil+750k (4.05mil)
Can: 275k+75k (350k)
UK: 400k +50k (450k)
Fra: 600k + 150k (750k)
Ger: 500k + 120k (620k)
Spa: 200k + 40k (240k)
Jap: 950k + 175k (1.12mil)
RotW 800k + 200k (1mil)

WW total Combined 8.5mil for the year which is f-ing crazy

I think those estimates are a bit high.  The digital attach rate tends to be 20%ish.  But, for Zelda it should be a bit on the lower side.  Since a lot of people picked it up with their Switch, they're more likely to have gone physical.



JWeinCom said:
tbone51 said:
My guess on shipments+digital with what we know so far. Ill put it on the optimistic side but nothing too crazy. Here we gooooo.....

US: 3.3mil+750k (4.05mil)
Can: 275k+75k (350k)
UK: 400k +50k (450k)
Fra: 600k + 150k (750k)
Ger: 500k + 120k (620k)
Spa: 200k + 40k (240k)
Jap: 950k + 175k (1.12mil)
RotW 800k + 200k (1mil)

WW total Combined 8.5mil for the year which is f-ing crazy

I think those estimates are a bit high.  The digital attach rate tends to be 20%ish.  But, for Zelda it should be a bit on the lower side.  Since a lot of people picked it up with their Switch, they're more likely to have gone physical.

Sorry i should i added the note of wiiu sales. Switch+wiiu (total)



Around the Network

If by chance LoZ BotW is indeed 8.5mil shipped then we are looking at a minimum of at least 12mil lifetime with a possible chance of close to 20mil which is beyond crazy lol



tbone51 said:
JWeinCom said:

I think those estimates are a bit high.  The digital attach rate tends to be 20%ish.  But, for Zelda it should be a bit on the lower side.  Since a lot of people picked it up with their Switch, they're more likely to have gone physical.

Sorry i should i added the note of wiiu sales. Switch+wiiu (total)

Oh ok.  Makes more sense.



JWeinCom said:
tbone51 said:

Sorry i should i added the note of wiiu sales. Switch+wiiu (total)

Oh ok.  Makes more sense.

Lol if it was true and it was switch only then the game would be above 10milq easily with wiiu sales. Tooooo damn much 



tbone51 said:
If by chance LoZ BotW is indeed 8.5mil shipped then we are looking at a minimum of at least 12mil lifetime with a possible chance of close to 20mil which is beyond crazy lol

Yep, souds about right. I'll be a bit more "conservative" and predict 8m shipped + digital combined. But like you said, 12m is the minimum since the game is not even 1 year old. I believe it can cross the 10m mark on 2018's first semester.



Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Thank you for updating all the sales altogether :) Great thread.