By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ARMS: Ribbon is best Girl OP, please nerf! *Created new poll, please re-vote!*

Who do you think is the best character in the test punch?

Spring Man 4 3.88%

Ribbon Girl 25 24.27%

Ninjara 8 7.77%

Master Mummy 5 4.85%

Mechanica 5 4.85%

Min Min 16 15.53%

Helix 4 3.88%

*See Results* 36 34.95%

Total:103

I know it's a bit early to really be talking about tier list and meta stuff, but eh there's no harm in it. While I do feel like every character is good so far, to me it seems like Ribbon Girl is a step above the rest... literally! She's extremely hard to hit while in midair without really even trying, and can easily punish you for attempting to hit her. No other character can be almost nigh invincible like this so effortlessly. I think the developers knew she was really good hence why they gave her the weakest grab.

These past few test punches almost all my losses came from her, as even though I can outplay them, it means nothing when I can't capitalize by actually hitting them. The only way I've been able to conistently beat them is with Mechanica as she's probably the best counter with her multi-strike and heatseeker arms increasing the likelihood of landing hits, plus her super armor and air mobility.

Have you guys had a similar experience, or do you find someone else to be moar OP? 

Around the Network

Min Min and Ninjara are probably the best. Except in volleyball. The heavies are superior for volleyball, but are garbage in single combat, easy to dodge and throw. In volleyball, I don't know if it was the alcohol, but I found my mojo with Min Min and twin dragons in the late-night testpunch.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Nintendo will nerf, and balance as needed. They did with Splatoon, and they will with this game.

Jumpin said:
Min Min and Ninjara are probably the best. Except in volleyball. The heavies are superior for volleyball, but are garbage in single combat, easy to dodge and throw. In volleyball, I don't know if it was the alcohol, but I found my mojo with Min Min and twin dragons in the late-night testpunch.

Any reasoning why you think they're the best? No doubt they're good, but they can't so easily become unhittable like Ribbon Girl. Also assuming by heavies you mean Master Mummy and Mechanica, they can be very good in 1v1 too. You don't have to use their heaviest arms if you're really struggling with landing hits with em, and their bullet arms (forgot name) are really good at countering grabs.

Hope Nintendo tries to get a balance right between the characters and doesn't just go with the idea of "but it's just for fun right?"

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Jumpin said:

Any reasoning why you think they're the best? No doubt they're good, but they can't so easily become unhittable like Ribbon Girl. Also assuming by heavies you mean Master Mummy and Mechanica, they can be very good in 1v1 too. You don't have to use their heaviest arms if you're really struggling with landing hits with em, and their bullet arms (forgot name) are really good at countering grabs.

Use motion controls, you can hit her A LOT better.

Also, Min Min and Ninjara have the best weapons - RamRam and Chakram

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Ganoncrotch said:
Hope Nintendo tries to get a balance right between the characters and doesn't just go with the idea of "but it's just for fun right?

*pic*

Seeing as nintendo seems to be more aware of the benefits of tournaments and competitive gaming in general I think it would be natural to do so, much like they did with splatoon.

Ganoncrotch said:
Hope Nintendo tries to get a balance right between the characters and doesn't just go with the idea of "but it's just for fun right?"

Ha I'm sure they will, though it is the Mario Kart team behind this game so there's reason to be skeptical. :L

Jumpin said:

Use motion controls, you can hit her A LOT better.

Also, Min Min and Ninjara have the best weapons - RamRam and Chakram

Ha nice try, but it makes no difference.

I actually had the worst success hitting airborne Ribbon Girl with that weapon type.

I play the whole time Ribbon Girl and i think she is good but she has some weaknesses. Her Arms are her weakness. No distance and no curve, only straightforwatd. If you fight against her, keep distance.

I think Ninjara was the early favorite for some of the tournaments that Nintendo has held because of his movement, but its hard to really get a feel for balance so early. As people get better, the matchups change and counterplay becomes a lot more important.