By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix financial briefing reports FFVIIR,KH3 to be released 'within 3 years'

ZODIARKrebirth said:
It says within 3 years for ff viir, kh3 and marvel game also. So it doesn't mean for all 3 games, maybe the marvel game, so it's not that bad. And kh3 or ff viir could be released this holiday...i think the chances are high that ff viir could be announced for a holiday 2017 release

You're dreaming. 

If FF7 was 6 months away from release they wouldn't be using terminology like "within 3 years". 

It sounds like actual hard development of the game has just now started and it's being handled by the Mobius Final Fantasy team (yes, the cell phone game). 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:
It says within 3 years for ff viir, kh3 and marvel game also. So it doesn't mean for all 3 games, maybe the marvel game, so it's not that bad. And kh3 or ff viir could be released this holiday...i think the chances are high that ff viir could be announced for a holiday 2017 release

You're dreaming. 

If FF7 was 6 months away from release they wouldn't be using terminology like "within 3 years". 

It sounds like actual hard development of the game has just now started and it's being handled by the Mobius Final Fantasy team (yes, the cell phone game). 

It say's within 3 years for ALL THREE games, so i'm not dreaming. One of the three could be released this holiday....so after e3 will will know more

ZODIARKrebirth said:
Soundwave said:

You're dreaming. 

It say's within 3 years for ALL THREE games, so i'm not dreaming. One of the three could be released this holiday....so after e3 will will know more

lol, ok keep waiting for that. None of those three games are coming out this year. 

Ljink96 said:
I wish they didn't announce the games if they were no where near completing them, that's just common sense. Unless Sony pressured them to do it.

This... they announce things WAYYYY too early. If they could have it to where its only ever 1-2yrs before release that'd be fine. But SE's 10yr wait times after announcement are ridiculous.  

StarOcean said:
Ljink96 said:
I wish they didn't announce the games if they were no where near completing them, that's just common sense. Unless Sony pressured them to do it.

This... they announce things WAYYYY too early. If they could have it to where its only ever 1-2yrs before release that'd be fine. But SE's 10yr wait times after announcement are ridiculous.  

I'm starting to believe in part Sony pressured Square-Enix to reveal this project so early just to sell some PS4s with a E3 publicity stunt, but S-E had no intention of beginning development on the game any time soon, it was more like "oh yeah we're probably going to remake FF7 in the next few years" and Sony took that and pushed them to make a teaser trailer. 

Around the Network

This is what happens when you give FFVII the FFXV treatment.

Soundwave said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:

lol, ok keep waiting for that. None of those three games are coming out this year. 

could be ff viir, it's the first part of a complete game, and all the recruiting staff shows they want to speed up...

ZODIARKrebirth said:
Soundwave said:

could be ff viir, it's the first part of a complete game, and all the recruiting staff shows they want to speed up...

They've said themselves they are only now beginning the project development phase ... if I had to bet I'd say FFVIIR is the last in the pipeline. 

DQXI, Kingdom Hearts 3, come out first, maybe even Final Fantasy XV-2. 

Id rather it just launched on the PS5, extra juice.