By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix financial briefing reports FFVIIR,KH3 to be released 'within 3 years'

Soundwave said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:

could be ff viir, it's the first part of a complete game, and all the recruiting staff shows they want to speed up...

They've said themselves they are only now beginning the project development phase ... if I had to bet I'd say FFVIIR is the last in the pipeline. 

DQXI, Kingdom Hearts 3, come out first, maybe even Final Fantasy XV-2. 

Hard to say for kingdom hearts, as information are really rare in the last time, but maybe with e3 will know more

Around the Network

They pushed them back due to the inevitable Switch versions.

StarOcean said:
Ljink96 said:
I wish they didn't announce the games if they were no where near completing them, that's just common sense. Unless Sony pressured them to do it.

This... they announce things WAYYYY too early. If they could have it to where its only ever 1-2yrs before release that'd be fine. But SE's 10yr wait times after announcement are ridiculous.  

It all started with Final Fantasy Versus XIII, ever since then the Square we used to know is no more. That's why I don't want them to touch Chrono Trigger or even Final Fantasy VI because they're going to try to screw them up or make me wait until I'm on my deathbead to play it. Now the Enix side, mainly Armor Project that develops Dragon Quest games they create quality content in a great time frame. Dragon Quest XI was announced in 2015 on July 28th, and is releasing almost exactly 2 years later, this year on July 29th. That's how announcing games should play out. Hell, they're even developing the same game 3 times over. I think they need some restructuring.

Soundwave said:
StarOcean said:

This... they announce things WAYYYY too early. If they could have it to where its only ever 1-2yrs before release that'd be fine. But SE's 10yr wait times after announcement are ridiculous.  

I'm starting to believe in part Sony pressured Square-Enix to reveal this project so early just to sell some PS4s with a E3 publicity stunt, but S-E had no intention of beginning development on the game any time soon, it was more like "oh yeah we're probably going to remake FF7 in the next few years" and Sony took that and pushed them to make a teaser trailer. 

I am definitley starting to believe that it was in part, a publicity stunt. Square Enix knew FFVII was no where near completion and they also said they wouldn't announce a FFVII Remake unless another Final Fantasy game surpassed it in sales which was never going to happen. Sony had something to do with it I'm sure. "Hey, we'll sell PS4s based on this announcement alone and then in a plot twist, we'll release it on PS5 too! Then you have to get it on PS5!" Granted, Nintendo kind of does the same thing with Zelda but at least they were upfront with it and didn't release footage of a game that hadn't even moved to full production yet. I'm just tired of the new Square side of game development.