By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix financial briefing reports FFVIIR,KH3 to be released 'within 3 years'

So it looks like a longer wait for KH3, though I hope its next holiday , 

not suprised with FFVIIR as they just anounced post recruitments.

the link here speculates as more than 3 years but I dont think thats what SE meant , but its the only link I could find , If anyone finds a better link , leave a comment :)

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/05/26/expect-final-fantasy-vii-remake-kingdom-hearts-iii-release-sometime-three-years/

What do you guys think?

Around the Network

I believe 2019 and 2020 respectfully for those titles. On top of which that is just Part 1 for one.

I'm still surprised they are taking so long to make FFVIIR. I mean, what did we see last E3? Was all of that footege just a bunch of bullshots?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Acevil said:
I believe 2019 and 2020 respectfully for those titles. On top of which that is just Part 1 

so 30th anniversary of FFVII = final part of remake? xD

Darwinianevolution said:
I'm still surprised they are taking so long to make FFVIIR. I mean, what did we see last E3? Was all of that footege just a bunch of bullshots?

to be fair they said development has started already.

Around the Network

Potentially five years between trailer and release. Not release of the whole game but rather just the first part...

My sympathies to FF7 fans.

Also KH3's first trailer was shown off at E3 2013 if what I've read is correct. Four years later and apparently nothing to show for it. Why show the trailer to begin with then if release is far off!?

Darwinianevolution said:

We should not be surprised. Just look at the E3 2013 gameplay trailer of FF XV and compare it to the actual sequence in the final game.

I wish they didn't announce the games if they were no where near completing them, that's just common sense. Unless Sony pressured them to do it.

I wonder if Kingdom Hearts 3 will come out before I finally stop giving a shit...

Ka-pi96 said:
Ljink96 said:
I wish they didn't announce the games if they were no where near completing them, that's just common sense. Unless Sony pressured them to do it.

Sony weren't even able to pressure SE in to releasing the PS4 version of the new Tomb Raider on time, so I doubt they have the leverage for anything like that. This is just SE being SE

I imagine putting together a nice-looking trailer for a conference is a lot easier than putting together a full-fledged game. And Sony has considerable leverage: they're market leaders and SE moves lots of software on PlayStation.