By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation E3 2017 Press Conference Thread - It's over

Tagged games:

poklane said:

Rumor: No Bloodborne II at E3 -- FromSoft is revealing a new IP called 'Phantom Wail'

I've heard this name tossed around a lot between some other insiders, but I finally found a post (on /v/) that included both the name and now some actual game details. Here's a bullet point summary. Take it with a grain of salt, as always.

- Ancient Aztec/tribal aesthetic (unknown if set in actual Aztec times or if its just Aztec-inspired)
- Emphasis on kung-fu style combat
- There will still be traditional weapons
- However, weapon-based movesets are gone
- Instead, players will customize their own fighting styles and weapon movesets (for any weapon)
- Appears to be Souls-like
- Collaboration between Sony Japan and FromSoft (ie, it's a PS4 exclusive)

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/75390906

that actually sounds really interesting. i would be happy if that happens. 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Green098 said:

Not counting the competition, is one way to win I guess... ;)

Their digital event's can be great if 2014 is anything to go by. But it's too soon to say who will perform better, but everyone has a decent shot this year I think, I can see it going either way across the big 3! It'll be an interesting E3 for every company this year for sure!

hmm, I dunno. I really can't see Microsoft doing it.

Unless they've been working hard on multiple super secret projects that somehow haven't leaked at all yet... but considering how stingy they seem to be with their budget this gen I doubt that.

The only thing I see with Microsoft is that they can't afford not to go all out this E3, if they can't win this E3 with Scorpio, they never will. I'm pretty confident that Microsoft is in the best position at E3 they've been in a while with Scorpio, the only thing is that still likely may not be enough against the other two. I think E3 will be good all round this year, it won't be matter of who sucked, but who did the least well.

Namiirei said:
I think sony will once again win easily this E3.

I really hope they show the new From software project (soul like with king-fu ?) and i want to see how spiderman really is.

Easily?! You sure about that? Idk... I'm sure they will have some stellar games to announce. I also think that the Switch will have some exciting new games to announce as well. I'm confident on that. I want Xbox to give us something to be excited about outside of the Scorpio. We'll probably get the Scorpio's actual name at E3 with the pricing. Cuphead better have a damn release date. Been waiting too long for it to drop.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Green098 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

hmm, I dunno. I really can't see Microsoft doing it.

Unless they've been working hard on multiple super secret projects that somehow haven't leaked at all yet... but considering how stingy they seem to be with their budget this gen I doubt that.

The only thing I see with Microsoft is that they can't afford not to go all out this E3, if they can't win this E3 with Scorpio, they never will. I'm pretty confident that Microsoft is in the best position at E3 they've been in a while with Scorpio, the only thing is that still likely may not be enough against the other two. I think E3 will be good all round this year, it won't be matter of who sucked, but who did the least well.

To be quite honest the Scorpio hype is becoming more delusional than the pro hype.if Microsoft doesn't show up with games Scorpio will not matter at all to anyone but few existing Xbox members who want to upgrade. Microsoft is also going to have to sell the Scorpio at a loss if they want to get the sales numbers. If it remains a premium product it will sell at a profit to those who can afford it. Those are obviously the minority of gamers. With that said if the games are not there this gen is pretty much over. Microsoft has not put out a console selling AAA in element years when they published epics gears of war. Luckily they purchased gears when epic decided it was time to put that franchise on the shelf.

BraLoD said:

As of today we start a 15 days countdown with upcoming PS4 games (exclusive or not) to hype us a bit for this year event.

And what better game to start with than the game from our saviour Mark Cerny?

Knack 2 is not the sequel we need, but the one we deserve.

The new platformer game from Japan Studios looks quite more refined and *gasp* interesting then its predecessor, and a couch coop game in its core, nonetheless.

I still need to play the first game but this looks so good. If it's good do you want to play coop? 

Around the Network

Hope we see a release date for this year at e3, lately there wasn't much information about the game

PSA, a fake Bloodborne 2 leak is going around, I'm just posting it so someone else doesn't post it asking if it's real or not

It's confirmed fake because it says "Sony Computer Entertainment" at the bottom, that name was changed to "Sony Interactive Entertainment" on April 1st 2016.

Almost there!

Tagging

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]