By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation E3 2017 Press Conference Thread - It's over

Tagged games:

ok, doing a rough prediction

• I think first up will be Sucker Punch's new game, get a big AAA exclusive straight out the gate, hammer home the lack of MS exclusives shown yesterday
  • Sony exec comes out and talks about another great year briefly, the usual shit, then we get a story trailer for Days Gone, and a release of Q1 2018
  • Ted Price from Insomniac comes out, talks about how hyped the studio is to have such a world renowned franchise to work on, Spiderman gameplay reveal of about 5 minutes, see the villain and a mission
  • Shu comes out, talks about Japan's contribution to Playstation as they have mentioned big Japanese presence in the build up. GT Sport very brief trailer, release date, Knack 2 trailer, comes out September, Ni No Kuni II new trailer, releases first half of next year, April or May most likely. Then comes one of the surprises. I hope it will be another Japan Studio/From Software collaboration, but most likely Monster Hunter World from Capcom
  • Third party section, Destiny 2, CoD and a very small bit of Battlefront II as it got so much shown at EA's conference. Probably 15 minutes or so unfortunately
  • Dreams gets a small section, and new beta date confirmed just a couple of months away
  • Uncharted Lost Legacy trailer
  • PSVR section 5-10 minutes
  • a cult or fan favourite remaster, which they seem to like to do. Rumours on gaf suggest Shadow of the Colussus could be getting the treatment, others have said Shenmue I & II HD are being worked on. Both seem too good to be true to me, so I think it will be something more realistic
  • finishes with God of War trailer and release date
I hope there is at least one more big surprise, but those are my realistic expectation which will probably be wrong

Around the Network
poklane said:
topolino227 said:

Oh noooo ! I swear Polyphony/Sony if you delay this game even further into 2018 i will be hella pissed !!! Man i love GT and cant wait for it, but that sounds to me like it wont be 2017 and given they do this in the pre-show makes me think that even more, PLEASE no !! And if its not 2017 then pls Polyphony/Sony never announce/confirm a release date that early and delay it like 1-2 years, i hope you will learn from that IF its true.

I mean i played the beta and they already made really good progress, so im not even that mad you delayed it in the first place and maybe even further now, but pls just dont set a release date if you cant hit several times.

Polyphony really need to get their shit together IMO. 4 years development for a racer is laughably long.

Im a big fan of GT and it makes sad that i couldnt agree more to this, its a joke at this point. GT Sports needs to deliver like Forza Motorsport/Horizon, especially with all those delays now. If they dont deliver with this one, man it will be really sad for me as a huge Gran Turismo fan, which is also Sonys Flagshipracing franchise, even more since they closed down Evolution Studios and Polyphony is the only one left making racing games for Playstation. 

And Racing Games can still sell really well, especially on Playstation, just imagine how Forza sales would be, if it would be on PS4. Please dont fail us Polyphony, i mean Gran Turismo until PS4 used to be Sonys biggest Franchise by far and i still think it can be that big like it used to be, if Polyphony gets their shit together !!!

please sony save this e3

tagging.

Around the Network

If Dreams gets any more than 2 minutes of conference time, it's getting a 6/10.

BraLoD said:
celador said:

ok, doing a rough prediction

• I think first up will be Sucker Punch's new game, get a big AAA exclusive straight out the gate, hammer home the lack of MS exclusives shown yesterday
  • Sony exec comes out and talks about another great year briefly, the usual shit, then we get a story trailer for Days Gone, and a release of Q1 2018
  • Ted Price from Insomniac comes out, talks about how hyped the studio is to have such a world renowned franchise to work on, Spiderman gameplay reveal of about 5 minutes, see the villain and a mission
  • Shu comes out, talks about Japan's contribution to Playstation as they have mentioned big Japanese presence in the build up. GT Sport very brief trailer, release date, Knack 2 trailer, comes out September, Ni No Kuni II new trailer, releases first half of next year, April or May most likely. Then comes one of the surprises. I hope it will be another Japan Studio/From Software collaboration, but most likely Monster Hunter World from Capcom
  • Third party section, Destiny 2, CoD and a very small bit of Battlefront II as it got so much shown at EA's conference. Probably 15 minutes or so unfortunately
  • Dreams gets a small section, and new beta date confirmed just a couple of months away
  • Uncharted Lost Legacy trailer
  • PSVR section 5-10 minutes
  • a cult or fan favourite remaster, which they seem to like to do. Rumours on gaf suggest Shadow of the Colussus could be getting the treatment, others have said Shenmue I & II HD are being worked on. Both seem too good to be true to me, so I think it will be something more realistic
  • finishes with God of War trailer and release date
I hope there is at least one more big surprise, but those are my realistic expectation which will probably be wrong

No LoD, calling it fake.

change your profile pic before it's too late

Carl2291 said:
If Dreams gets any more than 2 minutes of conference time, it's getting a 6/10.

I kinda agree. If Sony shows Dreams, then either showcase a prebuilt level emphasizing gameplay or just play a trailer with a release date announcement. 

BraLoD said:
celador said:

change your profile pic before it's too late

You'll soon be posting "GOAT, 15/10 conference" when it comes.

more like "1/10, why are they funding new games in super old franchises?"

hopefully the site doesn't shit the bed again