By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo E3 2017 Thread!

How hyped are you for the Nintendo Spotlight?

10 (Hype levels over 9000!) 143 29.92%

9 (Pretty Hyped) 85 17.78%

8 (Moderately Hyped) 80 16.74%

7 (Cautiously Hyped) 79 16.53%

6 (Not quite there yet) 29 6.07%

5 (Unsure) 25 5.23%

4 (Not Very) 14 2.93%

3 (Meh) 10 2.09%

2 (Not hyped) 4 0.84%

1 (NintenDOOOMED!) 9 1.88%

Total:478
AZWification said:
VGPolyglot said:

Oh, so you're back?

I guess so, I totally forgot about VGChartz in these past three weeks.

Well, maybe a break was needed!

Around the Network

I'd really like a new DK country game, I loved so much Tropical Freeze and Pikmin 4, and Pokemon... also, details about the online subscription, new services, Netflix/Youtube.

VideoGameAccountant said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
Nintendo is stupid for not making a live conference, the reaction of a live audience is always double the marketing and obviously adds to the hype :/

and maybe it affects sales in a negative way, overall sales dropped since they started the only-digital E3 's

Nintendo's sales didn't decline because of a lack of a press conference. It declined because the DS was turned into an expressive 3D machine which no one wanted and the Wii U had an awful gimmick, price and software lineup that was only salvaged by New Super Mario Bros and Mario Kart 8. 

Correlation does not equal causation

I didn't say they declined due the digital E3, all I said is that it definitely didn't help reduce the decline, even by little

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

How much time has passed since the Miyamoto statement about Pikmin 4 near completion? Just show a trailer already! Hope they're taking that time to make this thing huge.

We reap what we sow

Einsam_Delphin said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
Nintendo is stupid for not making a live conference, the reaction of a live audience is always double the marketing and obviously adds to the hype :/

and maybe it affects sales in a negative way, overall sales dropped since they started the only-digital E3 's

The Switch is Nintendo's fastest selling system and it hasn't even been at E3 once. This has to be because the information itself matters far more than how you present it. 3DS and Wii U sales pale to their predecessors for many reasons, but a digital presentation over a live one is not one of them, especially since both systems did apoear at multiple live E3 conferences.

yeah, sounded like I blamed the drop on E3, all I meant was that a live E3 would definitely be a better marketing than a trailers compilation... therefore help sales, maybe a little bit

I feel that not presenting theirselves at the E3 is like giving up to Sony and MS, they cannot compete so not appear at all, we knew Nintendo is on a different league but I don't like the idea of transforming the best part of E3 into a compilation of trailers, and I believe that it limits hype and marketing, definitely not helping sales

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network

Hopefully I'll see a few more games that will push me towards a purchase. Super Mario is probably the only game right now that is a must have for me with Fire Emblem Warriors coming in as decent eye brow raise. I need at least 3-4 must haves before I dive in.  I don't see myself getting a Switch till holiday season or perhaps 2018.

dark_gh0st_b0y said:

yeah, sounded like I blamed the drop on E3, all I meant was that a live E3 would definitely be a better marketing than a trailers compilation... therefore help sales, maybe a little bit

I feel that not presenting theirselves at the E3 is like giving up to Sony and MS, they cannot compete so not appear at all, we knew Nintendo is on a different league but I don't like the idea of transforming the best part of E3 into a compilation of trailers, and I believe that it limits hype and marketing, definitely not helping sales

A live conference is better marketing based on what? Certainly not the sales as they only show whether you go live or digital is irrelevant. And ah yes, the insane leap of logic that is "Nintendo changed their presentation format = they're bailing out of E3!" Live conferences are also just trailer compilations. Most people don't even watch the event, just the trailers afterwards.

A proper Metroid will happen this gen. If not this year, then later, but it will be for the Switch. I just think so because Nintendo has been doing a lot of good moves and listened to fans lately. Tag

VGPolyglot said:
AZWification said:

I guess so, I totally forgot about VGChartz in these past three weeks.

Well, maybe a break was needed!

Yeah, you're right.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Einsam_Delphin said:

A live conference is better marketing based on what? Certainly not the sales as they only show whether you go live or digital is irrelevant. And ah yes, the insane leap of logic that is "Nintendo changed their presentation format = they're bailing out of E3!" Live conferences are also just trailer compilations. Most people don't even watch the event, just the trailers afterwards.

I don't know about you guys but I love watching the crowds cheer instead of game trailers.  Who would of thought a room packed full of a consoles fans would cheer for their company?