By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo E3 2017 Thread!

How hyped are you for the Nintendo Spotlight?

10 (Hype levels over 9000!) 143 29.92%

9 (Pretty Hyped) 85 17.78%

8 (Moderately Hyped) 80 16.74%

7 (Cautiously Hyped) 79 16.53%

6 (Not quite there yet) 29 6.07%

5 (Unsure) 25 5.23%

4 (Not Very) 14 2.93%

3 (Meh) 10 2.09%

2 (Not hyped) 4 0.84%

1 (NintenDOOOMED!) 9 1.88%

Total:478
Green098 said:
JEMC said:
It's hard to be hyped for a console that I'm not going to get anytime soon, but it's always interesting to see what Nintendo has in store.

Be hyped for the amazing back catalogue of games that will be available once you do get that console! I got my Wii U 2 years after it released and it was great as I got a bunch of amazing games along side it day one to play, that would of otherwised been slowly trickled out over a long peroid of time. I can't imagine how many great games will on the Switch in 2 years time, heck there are more games coming out this year for the Switch that I want, than my entire Wii U library.

I should have been more precise when I wrote that: "It's hard to be hyped for a console that I'm not going to get anytime soon, if at all".

There are many, many things that have to happen before I even consider getting a Switch, and the amount of games is only one of them.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Not hyped for arms, at all, but I want Switch to hurry up and outsell xbox one because it will be amusing AF

IsawYoshi said:

Not all that hyped really, fear nintendo will spend far too much time on mario.

I wouldn't worry about that, despite the last general direct being Splatoon 2 n ARMS focused, they only spent about 7 minutes on each.

Tag

VGPolyglot said:
VideoGameAccountant said:
If anything, I think E3 will be, different. Nintendo seems to be going a different direction making more original IPs rather than rely on the Nintendo names. I expect this will either be amazing or mediocre.

I guess you can count me in (also, how do you do this whole tagging thing?)

The tag is just by posting. It's so that people can see that they posted in it either in the Buddy or the Hot Topics.

Ahhhh, gotchya. Thanks for the help!

Visit my site for more

Known as Smashchu in a former life

Around the Network

There needs to be a fair few games announced for me to be hyped. The current line up for Switch is lacking for me.

I always go into Nintendo's E3 event with cautious optimism. I'm prepared for it to just be a Mario Odyssey blowout with some more info on titles we already know about, but there's always that chance that Nintendo surprises us with something either completely unexpected or something that fans have been wanting for years like a new Metroid or 3D DK game. Hoping that at the very least they give us hints of stuff we can look forward to in 2018 for the Switch.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Nintendo is stupid for not making a live conference, the reaction of a live audience is always double the marketing and obviously adds to the hype :/

and maybe it affects sales in a negative way, overall sales dropped since they started the only-digital E3 's

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
Nintendo is stupid for not making a live conference, the reaction of a live audience is always double the marketing and obviously adds to the hype :/

and maybe it affects sales in a negative way, overall sales dropped since they started the only-digital E3 's

The Switch is Nintendo's fastest selling system and it hasn't even been at E3 once. This has to be because the information itself matters far more than how you present it. 3DS and Wii U sales pale to their predecessors for many reasons, but a digital presentation over a live one is not one of them, especially since both systems did apoear at multiple live E3 conferences.

dark_gh0st_b0y said:

Nintendo games are not selling well?