By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake Only Now "Moving Into Development Progress Phase"

SE set the trend with FFv13/15, announce major Square games a decade before release.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Captain_Yuri said:
PS7 it is

Fixed it for you.

Nahh, we'll have to wait for this:

The title is blatantly incorrect. It's actually moving into development progress phase and not development phase, and that ought to make a huge difference. You can actually see the original citation in the first post.

Square really need to get its act together about announcing games way too early.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Zkuq said:
The title is blatantly incorrect. It's actually moving into development progress phase and not development phase, and that ought to make a huge difference. You can actually see the original citation in the first post.

Trolls do that. They also don't read the article 100%

Around the Network

This likely just means that they have finished the principal development of the game, where they essentially lock down the specific details and the basic structure upon which they'll build the game. As the original post states, the game is moving to "development progress phase", not development phase. This is also why they are now looking for more people for the project.

Considering this is an episodic game, we'll see it fully finished by the end of the PS5's lifespam. I mean, what did we see on E3 if the game just started developement?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

This is definitely going to be a PS4/PS5 title. I was just talking to somebody about how long this game is taking and how I don't want Nomura to touch Chrono Trigger. They can touch anything else but Chrono Trigger...I'd rather somebody else to remake it so I can play it within my lifetime.

If only the Japanese SquEnix was like the Eidos SquEnix. By that I mean announce a game and release it soon after as they've done most the work on it. Eastern side of the company announce things way too soon.

Hmm, pie.

I would be a bit annoyed by that if I had any faith that Sqeenix are anywhere near capable of making an acceptable FF game ever again.