By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake Only Now "Moving Into Development Progress Phase"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1379859&page=9

"For this project, we aim to surpass the original work in terms of quality by increasing the number of staff to strengthen the core company development as we head into the development progress phase."

Lulz, still hiring key staff members and only moving into the development phase in summer 2017? Yeah this game is totally not coming out until like late 2019/2020. 

Around the Network

So, then what was the gameplay footage that we saw? Wouldn't that have required development? Unless this means that they're just starting full-time development.

Yep this will be out sometime in 2040 :p

BraLoD said:
2027 can't come soon enough!

Yeah maybe they can make the 30th anniversary seeing as how they completely blew it for the 20th anniversary. 

Can we at least get a port of the original FF7 on Nintendo Switch? Thx for nothing Square-Enix. 

To be fair, this doesn't necessarily mean than the game is only just now starting principal production. Lots of studios hire on extra help right in the middle or even to help finish up a game's development these days. Then of course there's the possibility of mistranslation of that source.

Around the Network

Kingdom Hearts 3 likely isn't coming out until 2018/2019 itself, this is likely far further behind that.

TallSilhouette said:
To be fair, this doesn't necessarily mean than the game is only just now starting principal production. Lots of studios hire on extra help right in the middle or even to help finish up a game's development these days. Then of course there's the possibility of mistranslation of that source.

They are recruiting for

-FF7Remake battle planner, 
-FF7Remake level planner, 
-FF7Remake BG designer, 
-FF7Remake motion designer, 
-FF7Remake VFX designer, 
-FF7Remake programmer.

Doesn't sound like minor positions to me. I think they mentioned before too that they had just recently only completed like the very beginning sequence of the game, lol. 

I honestly dont mind if this delays. My PS4 backlog is huge right now.

Ps5 it is

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Damn so the ps4 is going to still get major games till 20xx? It's easily going to outsell the ps2.