What you read on the title.
1) Long term support, Nintendo declared the switch is going to have a long life cycle! After cutting the Wii short (bad decision!) Nintendo learned their lesson, the switch is going to sell for a long time.
2) No software droughts. Having all teams developing games for the same console means more videogames. With proper spacing Nintendo will never suffer droughts ever again.
3) AA games/indies. The Switch is experiencing a burst of AA and indie games. This trend is going to be more notorious the more time passes on, Vita and 3DS games (AA games or whatever you want to call them) are going to be heading to the Switch.
4) Cartdriges. Belive it or not using cartdriges is a big deal, people like the format. It encourages people to buy physical games. The only downside is that Indies aren't willing to put their games on cartdriges, such a shame.
5) Secret Sauce. As with every other Nintendo console, the Switch has some awesome secret sauce that is yet to be revealed by Nintendo. The potential for this secret sauce is amazing, we don't know what it is but it could certainly make the console explode into the stratosphere (like the DS!). I bet it has something to do with the online account but... who knows?
Time limit: Switch is discontinued.
1) Maybe.... but I think Nintendo does a Switch 2, soon as PlayStation 5 / Xbox Two launch.
2) Early few years Nintendo is usually good about supporting their consoles, too early to tell. So far its basically still a Zelda box.
3) They do add another 5-10$ ontop of price for games, but I agree people like cartdriges.
5) No secret sauce... but hopefully if it does really well, it gets lots of 3rd party JRPGs.
I dont think 100m is possible.
Nintendo again made a design issue that keeps prices too high.
The "HD rumble" or whatever, its the "expensive gamepad" of this gen.
They could have cut features and launched at 199$, instead of 299$.
If they stick with 299$ throughout 2017, it wont do well in the holidays, vs a 199$ PS4 & XB1.
1) Nintendo doesn't need to react to what the other guys are doing. In fact it's the other way around, I expect Sony to copy the Switch.
2) So you are taking the wait and see approach. Ok, wait and see then.
4) It is going to have it. By secret sauce I mean a feature that wasn't revealed yet.
The Switch is doing amazing numbers are 300$, so why d you think the price is an issue? They shouldn't rush the price cut, this is not the same situation as the 3DS.