By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Phil Spencer: Scorpio will be the very best console version of games this year..

Radek said:
ironmanDX said:

It is obvious that this would happen. So many replies though... Simply...

Yeah, bashing people for posting about every god damn word Spencer ever says is just pure SALT.

That's like making a thread that PS4 will have the very best console version of games in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.

Even worse he's saying the obvious, something we knew for a year since they announced 6 Tflops GPU.

But then again there isn't much else to talk about in Xbox camp so I kind of understand.

People swim in brine everytime there's good news on Xbox threads. But I say carry on with hapiness policing.

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:

Good for those who are intrested in it.

Yeah, I'm still unsure if I'll get a Scorpio. If I do, I'll probably end up getting a Switch first. Already have an Xbox One.

pokoko said:
Assuming a premium price-point, I'm very interested in seeing how the Scorpio does at retail. How many people care enough about graphical fidelity to pay that much but not enough to go the PC route? Is there a significant market for high-end home consoles? How many people will switch from Playstation to Xbox based on "the best console versions" of multi-plats alone

Why do people assume a PC gamer doesn't own a console or vice versa? Obviously if a PC gamer can afford a high-end PC, they likely have the disposable income to afford a console.

Scorpio is going to have the best hardware, the best graphics, the best performance in a console.
But it will not win *any* sales contest, the Playstation 4 Pro has already proven it won't.
It's meant as a Halo product to draw attention to the Xbox platform as a whole, the cheaper Xbox One S will beat it in terms of volume sales as the average consumer generally gravitates towards cheaper products in a product stack.

Phronesis said:

I disagreed when people jumped over GRAPHXXXX back then. I played one of those Call of Dutys on Xbox and didn't see a difference from PS4, and as a graphic designer I have very keen eyes for details. There was a difference, but was plain irrelevant.

What peaked my interest was Killer Instinct. I liked the flow of the combat and how MS believed in something that did not have guns or cars for once. But people keep talking about 1080p blablabla and now we have Scorpio...

However, even WiiU delivered 1080p@60fps, but their graphics are not "good" because are "stylized". Oh, for god's sake... u_u

This entire forum was only talking about the GDDR5 memory when the consoles were announced. Power is obviously important to a large proportion of people.

The graphics difference between the Xbox One and Playstation 4 hasn't been catastrophically massive since their launches anyway, you need a side-by-side image to see the differences. The main differences have actually mostly been resolution and framerate rather than pure fidelity. - You need a side by side image to spot the difference.

Still, the whole GDDR5 memory, 50% more power and resolution gate didn't help the Xbox's brand image. And still hasn't. Scorpio should reverse all of that.
With that, the Xbox One *was* underpowered though. But so was the Playstation 4, just less so.
I am of the believer that Scorpio and the Playstation 4 Pro didn't take things far enough in regards to performance, but it's better than nothing.

Sagemode87 said:
That's all well and good but the difference will be minuscule. A PS4 Pro version will be upscaled 1800p to Scorpio 2160p /4k. Will barely be noticeable and won't change anything in the console war besides bragging rights. Many devs probably won't even bother as Xbox is the less favored console compared to PS4.

The pro generally doesn't render natively at 1800P for more games.
It's actually two 900P scenes. But using checkerboard it re-assembles the image to be a "fake" 1800P. It then upscales to 4k.

But guess what? Scorpio can do the same.

The Playstation 4 Pro really is underpowered when compared to it's competition. But that's life. What goes around comes around.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

bleh xbox sucks.

ironmanDX said:
Angelv577 said:

Good for those who are intrested in it.

Yeah, I'm still unsure if I'll get a Scorpio. If I do, I'll probably end up getting a Switch first. Already have an Xbox One.

You can always get it later.  Switch will be harder to find so if you have the chance to get it, go for switch first.

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
pokoko said:
Assuming a premium price-point, I'm very interested in seeing how the Scorpio does at retail. How many people care enough about graphical fidelity to pay that much but not enough to go the PC route? Is there a significant market for high-end home consoles? How many people will switch from Playstation to Xbox based on "the best console versions" of multi-plats alone

Why do people assume a PC gamer doesn't own a console or vice versa? Obviously if a PC gamer can afford a high-end PC, they likely have the disposable income to afford a console.

Scorpio is going to have the best hardware, the best graphics, the best performance in a console.
But it will not win *any* sales contest, the Playstation 4 Pro has already proven it won't.
It's meant as a Halo product to draw attention to the Xbox platform as a whole, the cheaper Xbox One S will beat it in terms of volume sales as the average consumer generally gravitates towards cheaper products in a product stack.

What are you talking about?  I clearly specified console only gamers with that line.  Where did I say anywhere that no one can own both?  Especially when I consider myself a PC/console gamer?  However, if you're saying that most Scorpio owners will be PC gamers then please provide a source.

I never said anything about winning sales contests, either.  I said "significant market", which implies enough of a market to make production worthwhile.

Meh. I've put far too much time into my PSN profile to buy any other console brand for multiplats. It's good exclusives or bust for me, and Scorpio has none :/

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Phronesis said:
Very hyped to see Switch selling more than this.

And that benefits your gaming how?

OT - Cant wait to play Red Dead 2 at its possible best on consoles 

The phrase "too little, too late" comes to mind.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
The phrase "too little, too late" comes to mind.

Its never too late to enjoy your games better ;)