By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Phil Spencer: Scorpio will be the very best console version of games this year..

Goatseye said:

People swim in brine everytime there's good news on Xbox threads. But I say carry on with hapiness policing.

Your sig is amazing. What is that picture of Papa Phil dancing from? Some trainwreck Kinect demo or something?

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
Phronesis said:
Very hyped to see Switch selling more than this.

And that benefits your gaming how?

OT - Cant wait to play Red Dead 2 at its possible best on consoles 

Azzanation said:
Azuren said:
The phrase "too little, too late" comes to mind.

Its never too late to enjoy your games better ;)

You might aswell just wait an extra 2 years and get the ps5 so. That's what I'm doing.  

2013 - PS4

2017 - PS4 Pro 

2019/2020 - PS5 

Vasto said:
Radek said:

It will be, just like every other platform, even PC.

It's just gonna have 4K over 1440p, 1080p and 900p like weaker systems.

Yea, I know exclusives will be where we really see what the system is capable of. 

I hope its not held back too much in multi plats. 

Can't wait to see what MS does to the games for Scorpio. I expect them to take real advantage of the power, where as third party publishers will probably barely use it. I hope MS does for the Scorpio what they did for the esram in the Xbone and sends people to help developers utilize it. To be honest with RDR2 delayed I can't even think of a big multiplat this year I am excited for off the top of my head, I'm stoked to see what exclusives like State of Decay, Forza 2017, and Crackdown 3 do on Scorpio.

Phronesis said:
Very hyped to see Switch selling more than this.

lol... that was the perfect first post. 

thismeintiel said:
Azuren said:

Right, lemme just go ahead and drop my PS+, abandon my hard-earned trophy score, abandon all the games I already own digitally, sell my physical collection, sell my PS4 Pro, pre-order an Xbox Scorpio, and get all my friends to do the same.

Oh wait, no. That's stupid. This generation is too far in for a change to the status quo.

Yea, that's why the Scorpio isn't changing much.  If you look at sales, interest in the XBO at $249 has started to drop, even in the US.  Having a $400-$500 version with prettier graphics isn't going to help much.  Especially since it'll only appeal to people in a handful of regions to begin with.

And while it's not the biggest reason to switch/stay, I think Sony coming up with a better trophy system is going to help.  I mean the gamerscore just seems outdated, like keeping score in Atari games.  It sure wasn't enough to keep people with Xbox, like some thought it might.  Having it work more like leveling up in a RPG just seems more interesting to me.  Again, I don't think it'll be a big reason, but I think it'll part of the reason people stay with PS this and next gen.

Well thats unfortunate you cant own multiple consoles.

I didnt know gamers are limited to just one platform because of *waiting for your excuses*

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Azzanation said:

And that benefits your gaming how?

OT - Cant wait to play Red Dead 2 at its possible best on consoles 

Azzanation said:

Its never too late to enjoy your games better ;)

You might aswell just wait an extra 2 years and get the ps5 so. That's what I'm doing.  

2013 - PS4

2017 - PS4 Pro 

2019/2020 - PS5 

Sure if your the gamer who loves to wait for things. Hope for your sake the PS5 is BC or good luck buying 4k Remasters of older games ;)

But the scorpio platform still needs to have games made from the bottom up for this kind of technology, in order for the games to look at best, and better than on other platforms. And so what games are coming to scorpio, made from the ground up. Forza 7 perhaps?

piopakk said:
But the scorpio platform still needs to have games made from the bottom up for this kind of technology, in order for the games to look at best, and better than on other platforms. And so what games are coming to scorpio, made from the ground up. Forza 7 perhaps?

Outside of Crackdown, halo, Gears and Forza I doubt we will be seeing any games that take advantage of scorpio from what we know MS depends too much on third party.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
piopakk said:

Outside of Crackdown, halo, Gears and Forza I doubt we will be seeing any games that take advantage of scorpio from what we know MS depends too much on third party.

I agree. 
So it will probably take another year from the launch of scorpio, until we will see some true distinction in gaming graphics, between this gen and scorpio. So why should anyone buy the scorpio from a gaming perspective? Better hardware is not utilized from the launch I presume.

piopakk said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I agree. 
So it will probably take another year from the launch of scorpio, until we will see some true distinction in gaming graphics, between this gen and scorpio. So why should anyone buy the scorpio from a gaming perspective? Better hardware is not utilized from the launch I presume.

Yeah, and even then most xbox gamers wont even know what a scorpio is. They will be too busy playing Madden, COD, Battlefield and NBA 2k to care. They would rather play on the Xbox One as is no different than the majority of PS4 owners,