By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Xbox E3 2017 thread- Xbox One X November 7th for $499 | Ori 2, Forza 7, and more announced

The most games Microsoft ever shown so i really like that and they ha dlots of promising games but too much timed exclusives and i really wanted $399 but $499 is understandable so id give it a 7.5/10

Around the Network

An average conference, 5/10 for me. Code Vein and Ori were the highlights, awful price for Scorpio.

So in the end, what are "Launch exclusives" really?
They've never noted whether the stuff was pre-baked or in-game footage?
For a show that was supposed to demonstrate the superiority of the X over the PS4 Pro, that was VERY underwhelming.

Awesome conference, it was games games games and xbonex is an awesome piece of tech.
9/10 it would be 10/10 but the price of the new xbox is just to high for me.

34 years playing games.

$499. No standout exclusive announcements, no Halo 6. Format was alright though and Anthem looked pretty good.

5/10

Around the Network

Xbox fan here. Outside of battlegrounds, and OG Xbox bc, ohh and the design of the console it was a disaster. Anthem looked good not exclusive though.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

hugely disappointing show. just Forza 7 was announced that was an AAA exclusive and thats a yearly franchise. and we got games that were announced in 2014 and 2015.

crackdown looks... okay..

sea of thieves, has looked very very boring. just as it has been since it was announced

state of decay looked okay. i mean it has its audience but it wont turn the conference into something amazing. specially since it was announced at last years E3

ori looks great honestly, but again, its not something that makes the conference stellar.

then you got a bunch of timed exclusive indies, third party games that are also coming to PS4 and PC

the 500$ is expected but honestly not a great announcement. and i doubt anybody got excited for that price

ohh... and OG Xbox backwards compatibility... whopdy do!

honestly for someone who doesnt have an xbox they showed me no reason what so ever to get one.

So, first of all: Great conference. It went game to game with only a little extra "look at this car" bs.

As for the games, there was very little to convince me to buy an XBO (and an XBO X by extension). There were some indie games that I'll buy on PC and a lot of multiplats (or rather "console launch exclusives"). I wasn't really given that big Xbox game that I can't get on PS4.

And lastly, Scorpio (or XBO X). The price was what people expected, which is high and they didn't really do much to convince me to get one instead of the S. Meh.

So:
-Conference: 8.5/10
-Games: 5/10
-Scorpio: 3/10

Overall: 6/10

Soundwave said:
holy shit at Anthem tho, those are probably the the best graphics I've ever seen.

Your rigth, and the gameplay looks awesome, so now the place for the best thridparty experienced is xbox they say all games will run better on xbonex.

34 years playing games.

5/10 sounds about right. No new AAA games. 499 is too high for a mid gen upgrade that it will probably have a 3 year lifespan. most timed exclusives were indies and AA games. State of decay and the third parties games look nice.  I will just keep my xb1 s.